• November 15, 2018, 10:06:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ducati Diavel Muffler set on my GV650.. PICS!!!! NOW WITH VIDEO!!!  (Read 2590 times)

deezil

• Regular rider

Vid link is at the bottom of this post!!!   Put some good headphones on and switch to 1080p!!!  Turn it down at first..May be loud. And Dont make fun of my Calves....Too much soccer over the years.

And of course I Do Not wear Shorts and Tennis shoes riding it around.

I saw a Ducati Diavel a few weeks back and really like the look of the Muffler set.   After a few photoshops of the muffler on the bike......................... and kinda Liking it.... I decided to give it ago.

I bought a low mile take off from Ebay for About $100.   Looked like this in stock form..

The Install..

First I made a 4 bolt steel flange to mount to the stock header. The Hole in it was made to accept the stock Ducati Muffler pipe.  I cut a section of the inlet off to shorten the unit down to fit the bike.

The Diavel muffler had the bend cut off right at the weld and I was able to wedge it back into the muffler and it kinda worked like a very tight ball and socket and allowed me to swivel it around to the angle I wanted. I then tacked it and then took it all off and welded it on the bench.  All the Black parts are from the Stock Diavel muffler.  I may or may not keep the top shield. It mounts from the backside so it can come off and you wouldn't know it was there.  The lower black cover was left stock and i used it to transition to the Hyo Header.  Needs a Speed nut on the back side going into the chrome cover but I want to find another spare so I Don't have to drill into my pristine stock piece.  I Made a simple Muffler stand out of Bent 1/4" Aluminum to connect to the stock Muffler stand brace. It's stout..

I may or may not powder-coat the tips black..   This may not be everyone's cup of tea but I wanted something that was different and wouldn't scrape the ground around corners. I also wanted something to kind flow with the lines of the bike   I think it turned out real well.

The Sound?  PERFECT

When I get home early enough this week I will get a video with my wife's phone. Mines junk.  Dont make fun of my grass.. i spent more time on the exhaust this week instead of the yard....ask my wife :P
Enjoy the pics.

And the Money Shot...

Hyosung Gv650 Exhaust Vid with Ducati Diavel muffler set

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 01:57:05 AM by deezil »

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
Re: Ducati Diavel Muffler set on my GV650.. PICS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 06:03:35 AM »

the grass looks fine....the mufflers look amazing. you might want to blur your tag numbers out though , just in case some ducati muffler stalker wants to track you down
2011 GV250, 2013 IRON 883

deezil

• Regular rider
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 11:53:20 AM »

my friends Smith and Wesson help me with that sort of thing

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 12:29:46 PM »

How odd.. That's 3 posts in as many days with oblique references to firearms.

Don't think we normally get that many a year.

OK, so this one isn't very oblique:
ninja: I never have that problem.....the fat lump in my jacket that looks like a gun and the 8" deerskinner KaBar on my belt usually keeps people from making eye contact.

Oh, yeah, the lump is a gun, by the way. Since you don't reside in south carolina with a "stand your ground law" that allows the use of deadly force ; I would advise you keep alert and aware to your surroundings at all times....like, if the corner has yoofs hanging on it...don't stop.

Of course this one:
my friends Smith and Wesson help me with that sort of thing

I can't seem to find the other one, but I recall another post recently mentioning open carry.. Maybe I imagined it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:49:21 PM by DaBigMac »
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

deezil

• Regular rider
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 12:51:16 PM »

I do not open Carry even though it is Completely Legal in My state.

I do have my Conceal carry Weapons Permit and hold a trainers Cert. I am also a Gunsmith and Machinists by trade. Plus do a Handgun competitions once in a while.

Next up.....AR-15 Hyosung GV650 Mount!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:57:39 PM by deezil »

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 01:47:16 PM »

Regulations on firearms are very strict and very strange here in Australia.

Firearms are categorised as:

Cat A - Rim fire, single shot, bolt action.
Cat B - Centre fire, single shot, bolt action and muzzle loaded firearms.
Cat C - Semi-auto, rim fire only up to 10 shot mag. Shot guns are the only centre fire allowed in this category, max 5 shot mag. (You must be a farmer or primary producer to get this licensing category). May not own more than one firearm of this category type.
Cat D - As Cat C, but for Centre fire rifles. For military and law enforcement usage mainly, but a farmer may request licensing if they can prove a vermin problem requiring culling of pests. Again, one only.
Cat H - Handguns. There are two flavours, standard, which is up to .357 cal and high cal which permits up to a 45.

So, basically, you cannot have a semi-auto centre fire, unless it is extremely light weight and easily concealed. Odd?

An AR-15 is illegal here, even under Cat D. It is on the naughty list, along with a great number of other rifles beginning with A.

I am licensed out the wazoo, but do not own a single firearm. Too much of a headache here. I am one of only 4 people I know who have remained licensed. Few people here keep up to date with licensing requirements, which state a certain minimum number of mandatory attendances per year to authorised ranges.

To maintain a high cal permit, I must attend my local range once a quarter. If I OWNED a firearm (any), I would be subject to yearly inspections of my safe (as all firearms must be stored in an approved safe), in my home, by the police. These inspections are carried out at random and with little notice.

Just to be weird and hypocritical, I am as licensed as is possible for a non-primary producer to be in this country and yet, I do not support the relaxing of Australian gun laws to fall in line with the US. It has taken 30 years, but gun control has worked here. It would take even longer in the states. I don't care to justify my position on this topic. There is no circumstance in which I could be convinced of the value of an AR/semi-auto in the hands of a member of the public.

DBM
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

deezil

• Regular rider
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 02:01:50 PM »

Let's just agree then to save the gun talk for the general forum.

I was all excited to show the exhaust the forum and that has been sidetracked.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 09:32:12 PM »

My bad!

Exhaust does look nice. Video to hear sound?

deezil

• Regular rider
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 09:37:22 PM »

I will be getting a video up this week.  I need to use the Wife's phone for it though. Mine takes horrible video's

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 10:53:55 PM »

Earlier only the pic of the exhaust showed up to me but not on the bike and I thought this won't turn out well, but now that the pix are showing it does look good.

Though stock exhausts are always heavy on all bikes, so does it weigh the same as the original or more? Or is it actually less?
Climb the ladder of success!

Pages: [1] 2