• October 17, 2017, 04:48:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: GV250 2012 running on one cylinder  (Read 761 times)

jellemak

• Training Wheels
GV250 2012 running on one cylinder
« on: October 25, 2014, 02:15:29 AM »

Hi,  last week Sunday was riding nicely, when suddenly I lost power, muffler got red hot, so no problems with fuel injection, did not get any F1 codes coming up, but front cylinder not firing, check today, ignition coil measures okay in resistance, tried new spark plug as old one measured 3.2 k ohm, instead of 5 k  ohm, but still not a spark, any one had a similar problem?, and what was the fix??

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
Re: GV250 2012 running on one cylinder
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 05:32:08 AM »

you can read some of my old posts...first...take off the left side cover that hides the coils....look at the part numbers the coil supplying the front cylinder should have an "F" on it , and the rear cylinder should have an "R". Mine were installed in reverse order from the factory. The "R" coil will fail if used at the front position.

Luckily the "F" coil will work at both positions.

I can't remember the whole part number , but it will look like thus

top line ending in:  hp9310
                       HANKUK 10098
                       GT 650 FI(R)

Ohm readings from a regular digital multimeter will be all over the map. check for spark the old fashioned way by "looking for the actual spark".

next...remove the cover where the rider seat "release" is at and you will see the connectors for the flywheel "pickup sensor)" and the regulator rectifier connectors...they may be melted and one pickup has been disconnected and not sending a signal to the ecu, ergo no signal to the coil.

happy hunting

the (R) coil fails first, mine at around 500 miles it can be replaced by the (F) and work just fine
2011 GV250, 2013 IRON 883

jellemak

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 12:31:25 AM »

Thanks for the reply beachpitcrew, I have read your old post, thanks for the info and I found out yesterday that the ignition coil was the trouble, installed a new one and all looks good.
Some comments for others, the service manuel tells you to inspect the coil with a multi meter, thats what I did and all was to spec, however when we tested this morning with a meggar at 1000 V setting we had a dead short on the secundary coil. The orginal coil was: S&T Motors  33430HP9310  HANKUK 100825  GT-650 F1(R)

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 06:31:21 AM »

Don't bother replacing with the (R) designated coil. The (F) seems more durable and the (R) seems to fail quickly. The (F) will work just fine at both positions.

I advise when checking for spark to use a simple and cheap "spark tester", It has an alligator clip for ground and a connector for the plug wire very similar to the spark plug. It also has an adjustable "spark gap" so you can see an actual spark.

glad your running...have fun
2011 GV250, 2013 IRON 883

Pages: [1]