• April 30, 2017, 09:34:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: GT650R '12 track project blog  (Read 4348 times)

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: GT650R '12 track project blog
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 11:51:38 AM »

I thought you did pretty damn well!

In the corner after the main straight, circa 2:10, there was very little daylight between you and the track.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Schmik

• Training Wheels
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 01:04:51 PM »

Thanks!  :D

Schmik

• Training Wheels
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2015, 01:20:26 PM »

Good news: I enjoyed the latest track day, a full day on the track working on body position.

Unfortunately, it blew a fuse when I was starting it do ride it up the drive way back into the garage. It now blows the main fuse and the fuse in line from the r/r [edit] to the battery when I try to start her. It turns over, then it seems to blow the moment it kicks over :(

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 11:05:08 PM by Schmik »

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2015, 09:44:16 AM »

Polarity reversed on reg/rec to loom connection?
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Schmik

• Training Wheels
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 01:57:46 AM »

It's been running fine from day one with the r/r to battery connection, so it's not that. We are starting to think that the stator might have let go?

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 03:14:37 AM »

Blown fuse suggests that +'ve is grounding in line with the main fuse. I don't think that the stator is in line with the main fuse. The reg/rec is in between. Would be catastrophic for the reg/rec if the stator was shorting.

It's worth checking. Don't even need to take the stator cover off. Unplug the stator from the reg/rec and measure resistance of each three phases on the stator to the chassis. Resistance should be very high (infinite even). If it's low, on any phase, then the stator is toast.

Additionally, the resistance between all three phases measures to another phase, should be low, circa 0.2 ohm. I.e call the phases A, B and C. A->B, A->C and B->C should all be very similar and around 0.2 ohms.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:34:18 AM by umop-ǝpisdn »

Schmik

• Training Wheels
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2015, 09:15:28 AM »

Ive investigated. I started the bike and with a little throttle the bike ran. I quickly turned it off when smoke was noticed coming from the right rear of the bike. The positive wire that goes to the starter relay has melted. I've wired in a new wire, but it's still blowing fuses.

Ill check tomorrow to see if the starter motor is shorting out anywhere.

Not fun.  :-\

Schmik

• Training Wheels
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 07:38:21 AM »

A short in the headlight wiring cause of my fuse issues. The easy fix was to remove all the headlight wiring....

Back in the game :)

Schmik

• Training Wheels
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2015, 05:26:52 AM »

A 1 min video, (mostly pics) of Steve around hidden valley raceway on his black 2014 Hyo. Enjoy! These bikes are great fun and they sounds fantastic.

https://youtu.be/So-JzmQ5TWk
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 05:29:20 AM by Schmik »

Schmik

• Training Wheels
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2016, 03:28:30 PM »

Quick update.

The electrical fault was a short. The auto electrician fixed it. BTW, don't try and set up a quick shift button (spark cut) with the horn!

Bought a mosfet r/r from roaster cycles with adapter plug. I'd recommend it as I've had no issues with electrics since. Zip tie it on!

Haven't had any issues with the bike since, Other than the battery dying (humid climate). Engine is going strong, brakes are awesome.

The great thing about this bike is that is full size, perfect for learning body position. There's no top power band (in contrast to a sport 600) so suspension setup isn't so much of an issue (rear rebound is too slow, not adjustable and could annoy more experienced riders, especially on tracks with bumpy exits). Steers a little bit heavy. Im pinning the throttle earlier and closer to the apex as I improve, but I've still got a little way to go. Definitely fun and it's cheap to run.

160-170 rear tyre size is a little odd so I've missed out on great 180 specials that grrr advertised down at the track. Im at the end of the dunlop q2s and I can't complain. Running 30-32 hot off the track on a 34 degree humid day (start with 25-27).

Tops out at 200ks at hidden valley.

I'm very happy I started out on this as now it'll run all day without a hitch and isn't costing me much.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 11:37:46 PM by Schmik »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4