• December 16, 2018, 01:37:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: gv650 with screamin eagle harley exhaust?  (Read 4635 times)

jerbear0377

• Training Wheels
gv650 with screamin eagle harley exhaust?
« on: March 23, 2015, 11:33:27 PM »

My neighbor has a screamin eagle exhaust pipe and I am wondering if anybody has set it up on their bike already? Or if it's even possible? I'm a new rider and haven't had much luck finding anything on gv650 exhaust modification except cutting the inside, cutting in half, and ridiculously expensive aftermarket pipes.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

hydrax

• Regular rider
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: gv650 with screamin eagle harley exhaust?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 01:11:53 AM »

I don't think there is a screaming eagle exhaust for the gv650. I've cut the inside out with a dremel tool which improved the sound a bit. Otherwise I want to buy a turna's exhaust for my bike off eBay when I have the cash... They are about $600.
2012 GV650 Aquila Sport EFI

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 05:04:54 PM »

I don't think there is a screaming eagle exhaust for the gv650. I've cut the inside out with a dremel tool which improved the sound a bit. Otherwise I want to buy a turna's exhaust for my bike off eBay when I have the cash... They are about $600.

I saw two different Turna's for the GV, this which is on ebay:

and this on youtube which I think looks better:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/BjVedSejC84/maxresdefault.jpg

One question though, how would the o2 sensor work having two pipes instead of one?
Climb the ladder of success!

jerbear0377

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 06:26:37 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys! What I was meaning though, is would it be possible to fit/fabricate the harley exhaust onto my gv?

Dodgef25

• Learner rider
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 02:18:07 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys! What I was meaning though, is would it be possible to fit/fabricate the harley exhaust onto my gv?

Anything is possible. The biggest factor is your skill set and tools. The question is CAN YOU fabricate and cut and weld? Or do you have deep enough pockets to take it to a shop to do the work for you? Don't forget once you open up the exhaust you must open the intake to match the increased airflow.

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 10:19:54 AM »

So long as you have the O2 sensors maintained for an EFI bike there should be no problems. The engine will not run without the O2 sensors providing their outputs within spec.
I would also try to keep some restriction to the airflow through the pipes. If you free up the breathing there would be a problem with the balance between the air intake pressure sensor and the ECU's current mapping.

The GVC 2 into 2 pipes have a bigger area to resonate and IMO sounds better than the GV pro 2 into 1. Each rear pipe on the GVC has it's own catalytic converter rather than just one really big one. I think the GVpro sounds like a cross between the GVC and a GT, kind of a more sporty tinny sound compared to the GVC but deeper than the GT.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

jerbear0377

• Training Wheels
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 04:13:19 AM »

I see. I actually have the carb model so that's cool. Would the 2 into 2 fit the car model?

clint

• Training Wheels
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 02:28:42 AM »

Hi all...i have just recently put a turnas custom system on my gv650...it sounds better than i expected and looks great too (ceramic black with radius)...Although its now 2 to 2 instead of 2 to1 as the original system was there are 2 O2 sensors so it hasnt created any issues

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 11:43:44 AM »

Hi all...i have just recently put a turnas custom system on my gv650...it sounds better than i expected and looks great too (ceramic black with radius)...Although its now 2 to 2 instead of 2 to1 as the original system was there are 2 O2 sensors so it hasnt created any issues

Post a Vid with sound on Youtube and link here please.  :)
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

BigBro

• Learner rider
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 07:55:44 AM »

Here's a question about swapping out the rear efi aquila muffler with cat to a twin pipe turnas for eg..

Does the ecu have issues with correct fuel mapping, cyl temps, rich lean issues between both cylinders etc seeing as there is only 1  O2 sensor on the bike, does that one O2 sensor help determine AFRs for correct fueling on  oth cylinders?
Does the O2 sensor rely on the cat convertor being in place or does the fact that the O2 sensor is before the cat not cause it any issues?
Its been a niggling question I've pondered over for a while now

Pages: [1] 2