• June 19, 2018, 09:18:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Battery charging at 16 volts  (Read 7201 times)

agpcardoso

• Training Wheels
Battery charging at 16 volts
« on: May 25, 2015, 10:56:52 PM »

Hi guys,

I'm desperate.

I live in Brazil and here there are few garages who work with gv250.

I have a gv250 delphi and I'm having a big problem

my mechanic had tested 3 stators who generating in 5000 RPM 80vCA (alternating volts) and 8000 RPM 111vCA (alternating volts)

my mechanic had tested 3 rectifiers of different brands with the new stators.

2 brands, in 7200 RPM, are charging my battery at 16 volts or more
1 brand, in 8500 RPM is charging my battery at 16 volts.

I do not know what to do. Do you have any suggestion?

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
Re: Battery charging at 16 volts
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 03:27:01 AM »

the manual says to do all charging tests at 5000rpm....16 volts is a bit high :P
the 80 volts ac from the stator is fine. from memory up to 99 is acceptable...the 111 at higher revs is possibly problematic

06 GT250

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 11:14:28 AM »

agpcardoso,

A good quality Reg/Rec will limit output voltage to a maximum of 14.5V.

Look at the Shindengen FH020AA. Standard reg/rec on modern R1's.

You can buy them new from http://www.roadstercycle.com in a kit. The "Super Kit' package contains all the waterproof connections and good quality wire. Very worth it.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

agpcardoso

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 01:45:11 PM »

agpcardoso,

A good quality Reg/Rec will limit output voltage to a maximum of 14.5V.

Look at the Shindengen FH020AA. Standard reg/rec on modern R1's.

You can buy them new from http://www.roadstercycle.com in a kit. The "Super Kit' package contains all the waterproof connections and good quality wire. Very worth it.

It's very interesting

But The specifications of this rectifier are suitable for gv250 EFI ?
Are These rectifiers prepared to a country with a tropical weather?

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:49:49 PM by agpcardoso »

agpcardoso

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 04:22:12 PM »

Does anyone know this regulator?

If so, they could say whether it is good and can handle a tropical weather ?

http://www.electrosport.com/street-bikes/hyosung/gv250-aquila/regulatorrectifier-hyosung.html

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 07:51:19 AM »

The Electrosport regulator is also known to sometimes charge a bit high. Otherwise though, Electrosport generally make good stuff.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 04:02:39 PM »

my mechanic had tested 3 stators who generating in 5000 RPM 80vCA (alternating volts) and 8000 RPM 111vCA (alternating volts)

Quite normal on the 250 engine. The higher the revs the higher the stator voltage.

The entire Hyo range use the same RR. The Shindengen RRs are the best. Don't bother replacing a sh!t diode based RR with another sh!t diode based RR.

The mounting holes are identical on the Shindengen replacement but different connectors so make sure you get the connectors pre-wired as they are a PITA to solder up yourself.

For the Hyo just order a MOSFET one from http://www.roadstercycle.com as the Super Kit with the circuit breaker and wiring included.
The Hyo 250 wiring is no better quality than the 650 wiring but the 250 draws less power from the system. If you want to continue to use the existing wiring loom you can use the Hyosung Kit he has but if the volts are down below 14.2 after fitting the new RR you should run a parallel set of wires from the RR output directly to the battery. If you have added any extra lighting or electrical products to your Piglet then just get the Super Kit.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

agpcardoso

• Training Wheels
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 05:14:19 PM »

Quite normal on the 250 engine. The higher the revs the higher the stator voltage.

The entire Hyo range use the same RR. The Shindengen RRs are the best. Don't bother replacing a sh!t diode based RR with another sh!t diode based RR.

The mounting holes are identical on the Shindengen replacement but different connectors so make sure you get the connectors pre-wired as they are a PITA to solder up yourself.

For the Hyo just order a MOSFET one from http://www.roadstercycle.com as the Super Kit with the circuit breaker and wiring included.
The Hyo 250 wiring is no better quality than the 650 wiring but the 250 draws less power from the system. If you want to continue to use the existing wiring loom you can use the Hyosung Kit he has but if the volts are down below 14.2 after fitting the new RR you should run a parallel set of wires from the RR output directly to the battery. If you have added any extra lighting or electrical products to your Piglet then just get the Super Kit.

Thank you for all the information, the wiring of the my gv250 who the regulator is plugged, my mechanic changed to other thickest.

I'll think about the possibilty to buy this regulator.

In Brazil nobody never used a mosfet regulator in any hyosung motorcycle.

If I buy this regulator, I believe I will be the first in my country using this type of regulator.

I confess that I'm unsure because in my country the dollar is very expensive.

I'm afraid to spend much money and then, this regulator not work.

If I were sure that this regulator will work correctly, I certainly buy, but I'll think in this possibilty
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 05:17:59 PM by agpcardoso »

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 09:49:14 PM »

I use this regulator in my 650 and it works amazingly.

The reg/rec is bullet-proof. The only part that will be damaged by water would be the connectors and the connectors on the roadstercycle.com Super Kit are amazing.

I ride to work in all weather. Summer, winter, sunshine or storms. I have perfect charging.

I have ridden on days that are 40+ degreed C and also in 0 degrees C. The reg/rec itself creates almost no heat, so it lasts a LONG time.

I use a lot of accessories and my bike STILL gets plenty of charging power. This reg/rec (Shindengen FH020AA) is the best of the best. It works beautifully in Australia. It will work in Brazil. It would work on the moon (maybe).

agpcardoso

• Training Wheels
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 05:30:29 AM »

I use this regulator in my 650 and it works amazingly.

The reg/rec is bullet-proof. The only part that will be damaged by water would be the connectors and the connectors on the roadstercycle.com Super Kit are amazing.

I ride to work in all weather. Summer, winter, sunshine or storms. I have perfect charging.

I have ridden on days that are 40+ degreed C and also in 0 degrees C. The reg/rec itself creates almost no heat, so it lasts a LONG time.

I use a lot of accessories and my bike STILL gets plenty of charging power. This reg/rec (Shindengen FH020AA) is the best of the best. It works beautifully in Australia. It will work in Brazil. It would work on the moon (maybe).

Cool, but your bike is a 650 and not a 250.

I just need to make sure that this regulator works fine In my gv250.

Does Anybody here who has a gv250 using this regulator?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7