• December 17, 2018, 12:58:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Battery charging at 16 volts  (Read 8497 times)

humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
Re: Battery charging at 16 volts
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 08:49:30 AM »

It'll be ok for your bike because your bike is a 12volt bike with an ac stator the same as the 650..,the size of the engine doesn't effect that :)

sent using tapatalk on my magic oblong.

06 GT250

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 11:10:16 AM »

Agree with HB.

Your stator is a 3 phase AC stator, exactly like the 650. Perhaps the size of the reg/rec might be slightly different. Will not be difficult to make it work.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

agpcardoso

• Training Wheels
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 07:41:16 PM »

Thank you guys,

I will wait for the response from my mechanic because already paid for the service and then I decide whether I'll buy this regulator

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 04:16:10 PM »

First...check the accuracy of the meter your measuring with !!! 16volts is not that far off.... If it is accurate, then, If your creative and want a cheap fix due to a limited budget...go to a wrecking yard and get an old "automotive" voltage regulator like off an old ford that is bolted to the inner fender and put it in line by hooking the charge wire going to the battery to the mechanical regulator..then out to the battery......after the normal regulator rectifier....since the old timey auto regulator only regulates voltage....and does not convert ac to dc.....a bit cumbersome...but will do the job when "funds are low"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:20:00 PM by beachpitcrew »
2011 GV250, 2013 IRON 883

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 10:49:41 PM »

Old Ford regulators worked badly, even on old Fords. In fact they worked badly even when the old Ford was new.My father's 80's era F150 had such a thing. That thing ate batteries like a washing machine eats socks!
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 05:39:56 AM »

The entire Hyo range of bikes from scooters to 125, 250, 650, Quads, "ALL" use the same RR.

I own both a GV250 and a GV650 (and other machines) and I have swapped the RRs from each machine many times when needed. The diode based RRs ALL prematurely fail, on ALL brands of bike.

Quite frankly, I am sick of replacing OEM sh!t RRs with replacement sh!t RRs. Why manufacturers risk their reputation by using cr@p electrics is something I can't understand.

Do yourself a favour and just source a MOSFET replacement. All the best brand Japanese bikes in the more prestige level use Shindengen RR. Even MotoGP use Shindengen.
Try your local Suzuki or Yamaha dealer, but you will pay much more from them.

If you insist on replacing your sh!t RR with another sh!t one, just buy any 3 phase RR that can deliver 10 amps or more and solder up the correct series 250 plug/socket for the 3 in and 2 out wires.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 06:06:52 AM »

completely agree.

humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 08:15:08 AM »

So what i hear you saying is....because my stock diode rr hasn't failed...it means Jesus loves me more than everyone else!

06 GT250

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 09:15:38 AM »

..or he has some special form of punishment planned.

humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 09:24:52 AM »

...true...that's probably more likely...but hey...at least i'm still getting preferential treatment...or at least preferential smiting...

06 GT250

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7