• June 17, 2019, 07:46:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Battery charging at 16 volts  (Read 9150 times)

humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
Re: Battery charging at 16 volts
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2015, 10:06:20 AM »

I was enjoying where that was going :P but that is a good point

sent using tapatalk on my magic oblong.

06 GT250

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2015, 12:21:37 AM »

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13126088/10/10-most-dangerous-states-for-you-and-your-family-to-live-in.html

the above web page claims that south carolina is the most dangerous state in the US to live in....huh...they don't live here...so how would they know ?

Ha Ha...first, there isn't any more "discontent" than usual here...ha ha..so of course that is "relative"...ha ha

Winchester .380 auto $40 us ..box of 100
9mm...$30 box of 100
45 auto...$51 box of 100
cheaper brands available.

In South Carolina a concealed weapons permit for a handgun is needed but no follow up training needed ever. Long guns....no rules...ha ha

the ammo shortage should be easing up...since uncle sam & police are no longer "hogging up the production". 9mm has been the one that is always short.....but since they started using steel shell casings price has come down and availability is better.....Walmart still sells quickly due to low prices.

Gun Laws....Long guns (rifles, shot guns,etc.) are easily purchased and not controlled. The gun control you hear about most in the US is about "handguns".

South Carolina has a regulation on handgun users....first..."open carry" or hanging it on your hip in the open is not allowed in south carolina unless you are hunting......you can only carry a handgun if it is "concealed"(keeps the tourists from panicking) . There is a permit process called "concealed weapons permit" or CWP that requires 2 days safety training if you are not ex military.....military vets just need to apply for a permit which basically is a form that makes sure you can carry....like...convicted felons, the mentally insane, and mentally incompetent cannot get a CWP. If you do not have a "CWP" you can keep a loaded handgun in your unlocked vehicle glovebox...or other compartment. (saddlebag)

Every state has it's own set of laws in the US and many allow "open carry" with no permit...if you are allowed to purchase a handgun, you can carry it on your hip just like in the "old west movies". Some people don't qualify to "purchase"...convicted felons mostly.

South Carolina has an interesting law called  "The Castle Law". This law allows you to use deadly force to protect your home you live in, the business you work at, and your motor vehicle. It is defined as a "stand your ground" law; You are not required to "retreat" and may use deadly force against perceived threats.  In other words, if somebody decides to rob you, but runs as you open your door with a gun.....you, basically can shoot them as they are running away. More than one burglar "shot in the back" in this area has been ruled "justifiable"
So, If you are in South Carolina, and you see a "No Trespassing sign"  do not step on that property....that is a legal notice that the owner will use "deadly force" and you have been warned.

You can use deadly force to protect others...... many a convenience store thief in south carolina has been met with the concealed weapon of a store customer and been shot or shot at as they flee.

And yes, most people  in South Carolina are CWP holders and carry....It is legal to carry in just about any public place unless they have a "no gun" sign (Rare)

And yes, most people have a "no trespassing sign" just in case. recently, lawmakers in S.C. are trying to eliminate the "concealed weapons permit" and allow any lawful gun owner to carry without any extra paperwork.

A lawful gun owner is any adult over 18 that is not a convicted felon, or been declared insane by a court.  sooo that's just about everybody over 18.

Handguns in the US are registered.....so they theoretically can follow the chain of ownership.  Long guns are not required to be registered so there are an "unknown amount" of long guns in the US.......some estimate in excess of 500 million long guns.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:05:46 AM by beachpitcrew »
2011 GV250, 2013 IRON 883

Rangerscott

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2015, 02:51:05 AM »

It'll work on your bike.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2015, 07:44:11 AM »

Poor agpcardoso.

Not only have we hijacked his thread, it has turned decidedly strange.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2015, 08:29:18 AM »

I expect a pig dancing a waltz with a green goat to the sound of flowers on the wall by the statler brothers to drift across the screen at any moment O0

06 GT250

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2015, 02:11:28 PM »

Not only have we hijacked his thread, it has turned decidedly strange

Battery = Big Guns
Charging = Cavalry and guns
At = Big guns walking machine in Star Wars
16 = 2 years and you can owna gun in SC

volts =? what has volts got to do with the price of fish?
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2015, 02:25:52 PM »

Sooo strange. Irredeemably strange?

Pigs, goats, Star Wars. ..the man wants a zombie reg/rec with a Brazilian.

..err no. I think I made it worse.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2015, 03:51:21 PM »

Yes, I completely agree !!!

humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2015, 09:48:20 PM »

Worse? No definitely better :D

06 GT250

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2015, 06:02:14 AM »

just in case you boyz thought we was slipping here in South Carolina;

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/multiple-people-shot-historic-south-carolina-church-n377436

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7