• October 18, 2017, 03:01:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: neutral light won't come on  (Read 3621 times)

jose costa

• Training Wheels
Re: neutral light won't come on
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 03:19:19 AM »

I still don't have extra grounding cable, despite having measured continuity in grounding cable of the motor and there is no fault. 
about the State of the gear position sensor: is a newer sensor that the bike had (the bike is year 2012 and bought the new sensor in 2016), but there may be defective. GP switch that came on the bike when I bought it, I found a 1 k resistor, that said be to fool the CPU because of error C31.  After replacing the gp switch again, there were no appearances of C31 error.  I have already been thinking about reinstalling the old gp switch testing without the resistor and the resistor.   can the neutral light turning on and off, have relationship with the receiving signals in ECU making the engine different, more or less vibrant/rough?  And what better anchorage to put new grounding cable?  Greetings!

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Dojy_biker

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 04:23:48 AM »

use jumper cable on -ve battery and then to any shiny engine bolt you can clamp it to
***Solution looking for a problem***

jose costa

• Training Wheels
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 10:23:06 PM »

Dojy. Good morning.

I yesterday installed a grounding wire from the negative battery terminal to the screw on the thermostatic valve housing, where an original grounding harness already exists. And did not test the engine. Today, I do not know if it coincidence or not, the motor temperature on the motorcycle panel went from 3 bars to 4 bars almost all the time and when it stopped at idle sometimes it went up to 5 bars. Did the grounding for the battery in that location cause the reading of the water temperature sensor to change? Or does it have to do with air in the radiator? Since I had to remove one of the screws from the case of the thermostatic valve ...and there was only one moment when the neutral light did not turn on ..

Dojy_biker

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 12:51:00 AM »

earth it to the ENGINE not anything else ;)

jose costa

• Training Wheels
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 02:55:15 AM »

Dojy, good night. I unplugged the ground cable and rode for about 200 km, the temperature stayed in the 3 bars on the panel and the engine operation remains vibrant. I reconnected again, the temperature rises to 4 bars but the engine runs differently, with less vibration. Does the higher temperature change the ignition point? And there are some grounding points: on both coils, on the thermostatic valve housing and that point on the left motor housing. They all connect to the negative pole. You said to put one more in the motor, but the one that I put in the housing of the valve changes parameters and in the motor does not?  thanks for your help

Dojy_biker

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 10:50:19 PM »

it could be that the Water temp sensor has a bad earth . The ECU reads the WTS and fuels accordingly.
adding an earth there does not change the temperature of the engine,, but it might change how hot the system thinks it is.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 11:33:50 AM »

brilliant.

Earth on these bikes is known to suck btw.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 12:22:40 PM »

brilliant.

Earth on these bikes is known to suck btw.

You will also find that if you split the harness, earth or negatives will have black oxidised wires. Positives seem to be fine. Every 'sung harness I've touched has been the same.

jose costa

• Training Wheels
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2017, 01:07:15 PM »

Dojy, good morning. good morning everyone

I searched the electrical diagram and could not see how the BW 9 (harness grounding) line could directly influence the Water Temp Sensor (WTS). There are 3 wires and only one of them goes to the temperature marker on the panel and the panel there is a BW line. The other two connects to the ECU. I still wonder how that grounding ground in the temostatic housing, connected directly to the negative pole of the battery could have generated so much difference in the reading of the WTS ... because the HYO would have connected in thermostat housing that does not make direct contact with the motor casing ? I need to connect this earth cable to the engine motor housing to complete the test, and still I will not be sure of the correct operation. I will have to measure resistance of the WTS with controlled heating ... is the problem to do.
I'm going to review earth harness
best regards

Dojy_biker

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2017, 01:11:35 AM »

any update on this?

i say if you made a new earth wire to the housing to replace an old one AND it runs better : then leave it like that  8)
as for why the temperature is reading different... no idea. maybe WTS has bad connections or internal short, check coolant levels just incase its actually reading right and it is running hotter then it should be.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4