• August 19, 2019, 05:32:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I've got some news for you peoples!  (Read 2160 times)

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
I've got some news for you peoples!
« on: June 21, 2015, 06:08:56 PM »

Went to the dealer today to ask about the washer on the oil plug, turns out it has a fixed washer of some sorts on the newer models, but, that's not the news!

The news is, there are three 300/500cc bikes in the pipeline, a scrambler, cafe racer and the last one I can't recall but I think a custom, off the top of my head they have 287cc for the 300 versions and 489 for the 500, these had a v-twin from the pix, forgot about the specs though.

Next to them was some sort of enduro/supermoto ugly duckling thing that said 250/450 that seemed to be a single from the pic as well, also forgot to look at the spec sheet  ;D

Those four are mentioned as next in the line up, what was currently in the line up -and what I believe that would interest you more- is a -wait for it!- GT650X!! the power said to be n/a. on another page it said GT650 (new shape) << didn't concentrate on the pic but I think it was the GTX as well, the spec sheet said 650cc instead of 647cc.

Oh and two more bikes that appear to be in the line up, that 450xrx or what's it called, and the GT650S (though this seems to have the old tail).

Let's hear your thoughts, and I hope not everyone will say "it's a publicity stunt and they won't make the bike" like how the GD250N and GD250R were supposed to be  :P

P.S: the dealer doesn't know about the other bikes, but said the 500cc ones are supposed to be going into production, though could be for 2017 not 2016. My guess that I thought about as I am typing this, the next EICMA.
Climb the ladder of success!

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
Re: I've got some news for you peoples!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 06:52:18 PM »

Fingers crossed - the Hyo range is good, but maybe getting a little long in the tooth, and they need some new bikes to go up in the market - the 250 didn't look like it would be a production bike, but there it is in the dealers looking great, hope these others are the same.

Hyo have just re-launched in the UK, and if the bike magazines look at the range or test them, I suspect (other than the 250) we'll get the same old 'not as good as the Japs' reaction, so some new bikes might see them being taken more seriously.

Dave650GT

• Learner rider
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 11:07:10 AM »

oh please let them have some lightweight wheels 17 inch with 17mm axles....
2013 GT650
Mods: Danmoto Jisu, Diamond Vision Headlight Bulb, Bellypan, Bar End Mirrors, Little Silver Pill Fix, EBC Pads, 2014 Rear Caliper, HEL Brake Lines,Hydraulic Clutch Conversion, FH020AA R/R, SSB lithium Battery, Givi 'Tanklock' TankBag

humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 11:09:09 AM »

Will beleive it when i see it....but would love some spoked wheels :)

sent using tapatalk on my magic oblong.

06 GT250

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 12:53:29 PM »

...would love some spoked wheels..

Hardly anyone makes spokes anymore because you can't run a tubeless tyre on spokes.
What we need is some lightweight mags instead of the heavy casts.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 08:51:36 PM »

"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 09:18:33 PM »

Look at the headlight on the new GT125R!

I want..
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 01:08:38 AM »

Well it seems that my news is old news! Well, just a month old. Here are some articles that I've found, looks like it's more than what I've thought:

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-news/hyosung-to-unveil-three-new-bikes-for-2016-ar169541.html#main

http://overdrive.in/news/dsk-hyosung-revamping-its-indian-line-up/

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/three-new-hyosung-sports-bikes-for-2016/26705.html

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/05/bikes/hyosung/dsk-hyosung-plans-revamp-existing-lineup-india/

I remember thinking after reading "KR" motors saying that they'll keep everything put for a few years that maybe they will update the GTR by 2017, and I'd be ready for a new bike by then, but I rushed and got my 2014. Guess they're a year early. Well, I'll have to rack up at least 5k KM by November to feel satisfied enough that I enjoyed the bike a lot that it's not bad that I haven't waited  ;D
Climb the ladder of success!

Rangerscott

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 02:06:02 AM »

On the GT650 Id like to see either an aluminum frame or if staying with steel than bump it up to 750cc.

humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 04:20:26 AM »

I'd been interested in an aluminium frame too but i'm now going to do further reading on the subject...apparently there are trade offs

sent using tapatalk on my magic oblong.

06 GT250

Pages: [1] 2