I dunno if this helps or not, as the method I use requires the removal of the brake calipers and front hugger, but here goes nothing:
1. I simply toe squat on the RHS of the bike.
2. I put the axle through all the way, put my knee behind it
3. Push against the fork with my left palm and push the top of the wheel toward me with the heel of my palm near the wrist.
4. I reach around with my right and put the speedo sensor in place, with the axle at a forward slant, then push on the front of the wheel using my right thigh and push the bottom of the fork leg out with my right hand.
5. Once the speed sensor is in place and the axle is pushed through, I release the fork leg and use my right hand nut to sort of put the nut in place and my left to pull on the top of wheel until I get the axle to jump a bit and wiggle the nut on.
6. Once I am sure I have the nut on, it's rattle gun time.