• December 17, 2017, 08:34:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Power requirement for accessories  (Read 1077 times)

cruiser13

• Learner rider
Power requirement for accessories
« on: July 20, 2016, 09:15:28 PM »

Hi guys!!
Need some help from the electrical gurus here.
I have a 2011 efi gv700.

At the moment I have fitted an audio system from shark(see image) that says peak power @ 4 50W2. Now I am unable to interpret this since there are only 2 speakers and the amplifier says 100W.
Anyway, my question is can someone tell me how many amps does a running gv700 use with all lights on, and the above audio system at full blast.

The reason Im asking is coz I want to add two 20W cree led fog lamps to the bike.how close will I be to completely frying my electricals?

The battery is 8 months old.The bike is fitted with a mosfet rr with wores feeding the battery directly rather than through the loom.

Will I be able to add those fog lamps?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Power requirement for accessories
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 09:47:44 PM »

The biggest problem inside the wiring loom is the earth. Make sure that you run separate wiring for the amp, outside of the loom.

The Shindengen MOSFET Reg/Rec makes 480W. It's a beast and can easily supply what you need. ...but the stock stator is only designed for around half that. Should still be enough.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

cruiser13

• Learner rider
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 08:20:41 AM »

Thanks usd. What exactly do you mean when you say to run separate wiring for the amp outside the loom?  My amp positive n negative go directly to the battery terminals. Also if my high school electricity knowledge is correct, then W/V= Ah...so a 100W amp at 12V draws abt 8.33 Ah. The headlight at low beam 55W, draws abt 6 amps.Thats already 14 amps which is the battery rating.I still havent accounted for the other items like tail light, ecu, fuel pp etc which will also draw power. I am assuming a lot of things as Im not sure which all items draw power from the battery. So if Im already at 14Ah, will my battery suffer.will it get charged? This is before I even get to the two 20W led lamps that I want to fit..those wud draw another 3 or 4 amps.. As I said before, Im talking thru my ass..your expertise needed.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 09:24:27 AM »

Your high school physics serves you well. Don't forget to add the current supplied by the reg/rec though. Balance is still positive.

What I meant by external wiring is exactly what you did. Separate wires direct to the amp from your battery. Imagine what your loom would look like flowing 15A+ continuous. Also, the amp is 100W peak. RMS is more like what the continuous draw would be.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

cruiser13

• Learner rider
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 09:58:19 AM »

So how much current does the RR supply to the battery? I assume that it supplies a little more than 12v.but how many amps needed for battery to neither fry nor die? Hope my question makes sense

cruiser13

• Learner rider
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 10:01:49 AM »

So how much current does the RR supply to the battery? I assume that it supplies a little more than 12v.but how many amps needed for battery to neither fry nor die? Hope my question makes sense.
What Im trying to ask is, going by what u say, the mosfet puts out 480W but my stator is probably capable of putting out 240W. So if the rr gives an output of say 12v to the battery means it is suppying a current of 240/12= 20 Ah, is this correct?

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 10:15:47 AM »

Exactly! Sort of. ..maybe. Errr um no, yes! Definitely, almost exactly. ..except, wait. No. It is. I'm almost totally sure of it.

cruiser13

• Learner rider
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 09:59:55 PM »

Exactly! Sort of. ..maybe. Errr um no, yes! Definitely, almost exactly. ..except, wait. No. It is. I'm almost totally sure of it.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict

cruiser13

• Learner rider
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 10:53:04 AM »

Thanks a ton USD!!! Much appreciated!!

Pages: [1]