• September 25, 2018, 02:02:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: NSR250 MC-21 GT250R  (Read 2549 times)

Dannyvirk

• Training Wheels
Re: NSR250 MC-21 GT250R
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 07:02:34 AM »

Heya.

The second engine mount was welded in today along with the instrument support. So I can remove the ratchet tie down holding that was holding the engine in position. There here two more engine mounts to design and build before the bike is in my opinion roadworthy. But i now can start to wire the bike.  I know to some it's waste of a good engine on an obsolete chassis that's over quarter of a century old and would be more of more use to humanity as a can containing coke-a-cola, but to me it provokes way more emotion then anything I have seen hyosong build. Wis

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 03:13:22 PM »

Awesome stuff and thank you for the back story + videos. That two stroke sound :'(. I remember roughly a year ago I rebuilt an MZ250 engine for a friend (hes restoring one) and got the pleasure of the first kick. I wasn't expecting such a kick back and nearly launched myself over next doors fence.

My only advice at this stage would be to build a tripod for you camera  ;D.

If your stuck at any point, post as much information as you can and no doubt there will be a few of us around to help out where we can.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 10:04:16 PM »

Careful Dannyvirk, you might inspire me to pick up tools on my problem child again!

..damn it. It's been too long.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Dannyvirk

• Training Wheels
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 05:33:17 AM »

Heya

umop-asisdn, when I read your comments 'careful with that axe eugene by pink floyd' came to mind.
I awoke the day after I had finished the work in the last photo I posted, with what I can only describe as a server tequila hangover, except my head felt fine and you could only describe my mental state as very happy. But every muscle hurt and every movement required massive effort, my body said 'no' but my mind said if you don't move you will c__p in your own bed.

The events of the last 4 days were without a doubt the most mentally, physically exhausting and interesting of my life in 2 in a half years. I have no children or partner so this kind of effort is without guilt.

I have maybe 3 weeks to make decisions on the tank/airbox/exhaust/oil cooler.

I'd love a set of twin 80mm carbon pipes exiting under the gullarm, period correct for the RC-45.  Can't see that happening thou.

A carbon airbox with the tank cut and shut to accommodate the fuel pump/tank level/float and space for the airbox. Would be nice to, but i only have limited resources, hence why this stuff does'nt come standard.

In the meantime i'll do the the little jobs such like mount the head/tail light/indicators, position the instruments/wiring loom and think about a side stand.

cheers

Robert

Dannyvirk

• Training Wheels
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 03:32:59 AM »

Heya

Still feel tired, but because the bike is located between the couch and the fridge I have to walk past the bike every time I get a beer, twice/beer. The rear exhaust pipe seems to generate the greatest amount of brain active, therefore I think my brain has decided that is going to be the biggest problem. I could just run it through the space between the shock tower, frame and swingarm. But i'd prefer the exhaust pipes to have around the same lengths taking bends into account, therefore it needs to run down the R.H.S engine cover without obscuring the oil level window, or damaging the slight glass so that the level can no longer be read accurately.

A some point the death wheel is going to have to come out and i'm going to cut 3 holes in the base of the fuel tank for the airbox/fuel pump/tank level mech. If I stop posting after this is probably due to an explosion. Get well soon Robert.

The mount for the NSR instruments is perfectly flat, just like the mount for hyosung instruments. i'd thank someone for this, but I have no idea who those people are, because they made my life so much easier. I lined the two plates up and had them welded together. Only 2 of the four mounting holes are obscured, a job for tomorrow. Once I drill those two holes the instruments will be mounted and I can start to run the loom.

Cheers

Robert

Dannyvirk

• Training Wheels
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 04:35:59 AM »

Heya

Could help myself and did a bit this evening.

Cheers

Robert

Dannyvirk

• Training Wheels
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 04:49:55 AM »

Heya

I've been running the wiring loom and have come up with a couple of plugs I can't find a use for. I've tried to find a wiring diagram but failed there as well.

Two of the plugs are located by computer and would plug into each other but I don't think they do.

one plug has green/blue wires and the other is red/black and white.

Another plug without a purpose comes of the instrument loom, it's a 3 pin plug with green/orange/black and white wires.

Another one, well actually two plugs are in a black rubber sheth a 4 pin plug and a 2 pin plug.
These are located at the tail of the loom by the fuses.

And the last unknown wires are same sort of connectors commonly used for indicators but there located in the engine area. Maybe there for a temp sensor or something. They are brown and green.

Any help with the use of the plugs and or a wiring diagram would be awesome.

Cheers

Robert

Dannyvirk

• Training Wheels
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 06:09:53 AM »

Heya

I found that manuel

http://www.hyosung.hu/download/pdf/data/service-manual/GV250-GT250-EFI-service-manual.pdf

I had swapped regulator plug over with the magneto plug. So thats two mystery plugs down 3 to go. Life is so much easier with a manual.

Cheers

Robert

Dannyvirk

• Training Wheels
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 07:35:07 AM »

Heya

The Green and brown bullet connectors where for the clutch switch, the 2 pin white plug I couldn't find a use for is just referred to in the manual as the 'switch' and it's next to the CAN tool, so i suspect it has something to do with that. Alot of these problems stemmed from me getting a RHS switch block off a 650 because the wrecker I used did'nt have a 250 one and I made the error of assuming they would be the same, there not. I could dick around trying to make it work but, but I'm not in that big a hurry, so it looks like i'll send it back. I probably spent 8 hours today playing with the wiring on the bike and looks like a birds nest. But I now know what everything does. I'm so glad hyosung put a manual on the net or i'd still be going in circles.

Cheers

Robert

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 09:57:58 AM »

The two pin connection is for the diagnostic switch. Basically, if you stick a paper clip in it, you bridge the connection and it displays any error code that might be active. Note: if you turn the ignition off, you lose the codes. It doesn't store them.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pages: 1 [2] 3