• February 20, 2018, 02:45:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: NSR250 MC-21 GT250R  (Read 1981 times)

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
Re: NSR250 MC-21 GT250R
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2016, 10:15:17 AM »

Another plug without a purpose comes of the instrument loom, it's a 3 pin plug with green/orange/black and white wires.

Speed sensor from the front wheel.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Dannyvirk

• Training Wheels
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 04:20:10 PM »

Heya

Thanks umop-ǝpisdn, I had a feeling it might of been something to do with that, the manual shows an actual on/off switch that must plug into the connector, but I'm sure a paper clip would suffice.

And thanks also to joss, I'd forgotten about that plug. I was starting to wonder where the bike got the input for the speedo. On the NSR it's driven off the output shaft of the gearbox meaning any changes in sprockets throws it out of accuracy.

Looks like another job to add to the list. A list which is getting shorter but I've saved the most difficult jobs for last, I think to try and give myself as much time as possible to come up with practical solutions to problems that are all do able, but I want better than either unreliable  or overly complex. It has to look JDM when finished.

The tank/airbox has to be next. I'm tempted to make the air box a structural member of the frame to replace the brace I removed to make room for the engine., still not sure on that yet though. Tomorrow I will be cutting the bottom out of the tank.

Cheers

Robert

Dannyvirk

• Training Wheels
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2016, 10:58:50 PM »

Heya

If i was to budget time and money for this build I'd say 75% of it would be spent on the tank and the airbox build. Considering the reality worthlessness of the other components.

I gutted the tank, it sucked, I just kept the death wheel going till it was over. If you want stuff cut in hurry with the least effort, I went with a 1mm disk. I'd never recommend this to anyone.

The airbox is the most sophisticated i've ever encounter, for a box it does a lot of different functions. I've cut and shut the bottom of it so the tank now fits on but the clearance the back of ait box is zero. All such serious considerations.

The air filter does'nt fit in the standard position be cause of the floor of the air box and position of the ISC solenoid. Another serious consideration.

I'd love to make something out of composite, but this bike is'nt just worth that kind of effort with my limited experience.

I've decided to mount the oil cooler in the belly pan because there is just no space to fit it in front of the front cylinder without the front wheel hitting it arount 85% compression of the front suspension.

Cheers

Robert

Dannyvirk

• Training Wheels
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 11:41:26 PM »

Heya

I've probably spent over 30 hours on the airbox/tank, apart from a much greater understanding of the how the bike works I have nothing to really show for all that time. The more time I spend thinking about airbox/tank the better the result will be, I can feel it, it seems to take hours to make a single minor decision. The airbox on this bike has so many more functions then any of the carbureted  bikes I've owned. It has 6 intakes port, holds two electrical components, and has a another internal compartment that is semi sealed that contains a filter or condenser material, plus two drains for the two compartment that makes up the airbox. I've decided to fabricate one out of aluminium. It will be made out of 5mm aluminium and be bolted to the frame rails, which bolted to 8mm plate i'll have welded to the frame spares, as to regain the the structural integrity I lost by cutting material out of the frame to fit the engine. I have no idea if it this will actually provide the same value of second moment of area the support I cut out but did, I'm confident it will be more than enough to support the frame so it does'nt exceed it's yield with the forces I intend to apply to it.

vinnyct88

• Training Wheels
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2018, 03:04:41 PM »

Heya

Could help myself and did a bit this evening.

Cheers

Robert

the two wires you didnt know what they were for is for a sensor that is originally under the front seat, the sensor shuts down the fuel pump if the bike is tipped over a 30 degree angle.

Pages: 1 2 [3]