• December 18, 2017, 03:43:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: GT250R no fuel injection sound, new battery can crank.  (Read 1022 times)

mikervg92

• Training Wheels
GT250R no fuel injection sound, new battery can crank.
« on: February 12, 2017, 12:19:57 PM »

Hello all Hyo-riders, I'm new to this forum as my problem can't be solve locally here.

Just quick question on my GT250R starting problem.

Put in key, turn on, got light and meter running on dashboard(cockpit), turn the red button(FI button) with fuse sound at the back seat but no fuel pump engage(no sound of fuel pumping). Try to start, its crank but can't start like normally do. New battery too. I'm guessing it is a sensor problem?
Done removing the ECU under the seat, inspect and clean by blowing it with air but still no hope. Done swap the fuse at the back seat but still the same.

p/s: It can start before i wash it off, after washing it can't start anymore. wait for more than a week and another month but still the same.  :(

I have this problem long ago, after a few minutes normal ride and turn off my bike for 10 minutes to shop for moment then it's wont start again. Tried push start still no hope. Then after 15 minutes i'm able to start it again with fuel pumping again(have fuel pump sound), its just random to make it able start again.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

serp

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • Serp's world
Re: GT250R no fuel injection sound, new battery can crank.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 05:42:15 PM »

Sounds like a bad connection or loose ground on the fuel pump.
I can't slow down, the Langoliers will get me.

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 01:12:15 PM »

Must have fuel pump sound until lines are pressurised or you have no fuel getting to injectors.
Check big red kill switch. bike in neutral or the side stand switch will disable, wiring under tank has not come off the fuel pump. both 15 amp and 30 amp fuses are BOTH good.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

mikervg92

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 03:44:35 PM »

Sounds like a bad connection or loose ground on the fuel pump.

I'm guessing that too, but i didn't have multimeter to check those for now. Gonna get em soon.
But today i manage to remove all fuel inside my fuel tank and find some small rusty remnant at the end of the oil drain.

I also take off the pump to inspect and found out the filter(just like a teabag) attach to the fuel pump intake is black in colour, don't know if it dirty or now because external teabag is clean.

I installed all back together but still no hope. Try swapping fuses also still no hope.

I guess i need to buy multimeter to check fuel pump connection. By the way, any idea what voltage needed to short the fuel pump? so that i can check is my fuel pump out because last time it was good when short.

mikervg92

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 03:54:58 PM »

Must have fuel pump sound until lines are pressurised or you have no fuel getting to injectors.
Check big red kill switch. bike in neutral or the side stand switch will disable, wiring under tank has not come off the fuel pump. both 15 amp and 30 amp fuses are BOTH good.

yes, but it is all silent except fuses sound under passanger seat. I done drain fuel from the line(the black hose) and test it again, but still no luck.

I havent check the Red Switch yet today, but if i engage the switch there should be FI lamp on my cockpit and no FI lamp if i disengage it so im thinking it's good, but i will inspect by multimeter soon.

Yes, the bike is in neutral mode. I can say this because i can spin my back tyre and cannot spin if engage. As for the sidestand it is in disengage mode or ready-to-go mode, but i will try to short it tommorow.

Wiring seems good, but havent test with multimeter and have no idea which end to which end to test those wires. I will ask for help here again once i have multimeter.

Fuse seems okay, i swap the fuse using turn-signal relay and fuel pump relay and i can say my turn-signal relay is good because i have my turn signal is funtional.

Any other idea before i move to 'multimeter' stage tommorow?

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 12:48:25 AM »

Maybe a faulty gear position sensor, or side stand safety switch?
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 06:50:36 AM »

....I also take off the pump to inspect ...

The pump has two terminals, just a simple positive and negative 12volts DC will make the pump run.
Did you test it? Get some small hook-up leads with alligator clips on each end and connect the pump to your battery.

serp

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • Serp's world
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 02:22:09 PM »

When you do find the fix be sure to post it for future generations.
I can't slow down, the Langoliers will get me.

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 09:38:37 AM »

Fuse seems okay, i swap the fuse using turn-signal relay and fuel pump relay and i can say my turn-signal relay is good because i have my turn signal is funtional.

Those are called relays. What you need to check are the fuses. There is a 30 amp and a 15 amp fuse that look like this:-

loiuta

• Training Wheels
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 08:33:37 AM »

I had the same problem for two year, sometimes the bike stop itself and dont start anymore with non sound of pump. In the dashboard appear "Che" ? The mine was a relay, but not the one of fuel pump, it was another relay, the main relay.

Pages: [1]