• October 19, 2017, 05:19:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: new rider new bike  (Read 480 times)

gc_original

• Training Wheels
new rider new bike
« on: March 21, 2017, 06:04:43 AM »

hi guys just thought i would introduce myself .at 28 i thought stuff i want a bike after literally never sitting on a motorbike in my entire life. i went and bought a 2010 gt650 naked and went and got my learners about 8 weeks ago. after just over five thousand kilometres/ 3100 miles ive so far replaced the rectifier, the starter motor, back tyre, a new katana battery and its about to have new front rotors pads bearings and a new tyre to top it off. today it refused to start nut fixed it by lifting the tank unplugging the pump and plugging it back in then it fired first pop of the starter motor . the way im looking at it now eventually ill run out of parts to replace and ill have a brand new bike.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Rezzy

• Training Wheels
Re: new rider new bike
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 06:12:26 AM »

Welcome mate! I'm new to this world too but grew up riding motorcross.  I go for my learners this week at the grand age of 33 lol

I've just ordered the mofset RR and hope to get some good riding in before I need to do much else

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 11:49:22 AM »

Welcome - I also have a 2010 GT650 (actually a 2009 model, there is a post on here somewhere showing what number in the frame number identifies the year), I've replaced tyres and brake pads and that made a big difference, other parts are OK so far.....yes even the charging system!!  ;D

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 11:46:39 AM »

I also got a 2010 GT650 as my first bike. I was 27. Great first bike, broken down now due to the requirement of a stator and I'm ignoring it.

I am such a procrastinator.
Climb the ladder of success!

Pages: [1]