• September 25, 2017, 04:09:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: GV 650 engine dies after 105 kmh  (Read 477 times)

Chips

• Training Wheels
GV 650 engine dies after 105 kmh
« on: April 01, 2017, 04:54:01 PM »

I have just bought a GV650,when driving at speeds over 100kmh engine dies and comes to a halt, a few seconds after stationary the engine starts and off you go again until speed over 100kph causes the engine to die again. I replaced the fuel pump with no improvement, carbies cleaned and spark plugs changed. Petlock dismantled and found someone had already been in there and used silicone sealant, I have removed all the sealant and cleaned the diaphram. However I put it back together with the hole in the housing that exits the rear of the tap with the hole in the plastic plate and the hole in the diaphram. When you turn on the engine fuel spurts out of the hole in the tap housing. Can you tell me what orientation the diaphram and plastic plate and housing should be in to make the petlock operate correctly? No info in workshop manual about this!

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
Re: GV 650 engine dies after 105 kmh
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 09:28:19 AM »

download the service manual from here and look at section 4. There are some slight variations with some models having a pump and the tank petcock.
http://www.hyosung.hu/download/pdf/data/service-manual/GV650-carburetor-servicemanual.pdf
For the pump there is only three hoses, one to the tank getting fuel, one to the carbies giving fuel, one to the carbies getting vacuum that opens the fuel flow when the engine is turning..
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

Wes

• Training Wheels
Re: GV 650 engine dies after 105 kmh
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 11:29:49 PM »

I am assuming that you have an older 650 since it has carbs. There was a recall on many of the gv650 because the full tank was not venting properly. The gasket was missing a vent hole between the tank and cap. A quick check would be to go for a ride with the gas cap unlocked and see if it stalls out.

Pages: [1]