• August 23, 2017, 09:00:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hyosung dead as a manufacturer?  (Read 1309 times)

fredrikrosen

• Regular rider
Re: Hyosung dead as a manufacturer?
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 02:45:56 PM »

I had email conversation with Hyosung USA and they was very friendly and said the bikes are produced as usual and new models will arrive probably 2018 and 2019. Sounds like a strange answer for company that is closing, but who knows. We saw what happened to Victory.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Sentinel308

• Training Wheels
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 09:33:45 AM »

Victory was shut down because Polaris got greedy and decided it could charge much more for a fake Indian. Sad.

fredrikrosen

• Regular rider
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 03:00:11 PM »

Victory was closed because they never made any profit on the bikes, also based on the cost of Victory bikes have i never seen worse detail finish and above all, bad electronic system. Looks like a birds nest behind the engine.

Sentinel308

• Training Wheels
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 07:07:07 PM »

Victory was VERY profitable. Polaris couldn't afford to keep it and start up Indian simultaneously, and knew they could charge much more for an "Indian" than they could for a Victory. End of story.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 11:26:47 PM »

Riiiiiigghhhtt  ::)

Too profitable eh? Couldn't maintain the effort of hauling all that money around. Must have been truly back breaking work.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Sentinel308

• Training Wheels
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 07:44:50 AM »

Spoken like a true armchair quarterback who's never owned their own business while trying to start up another one. Initial costs of a start up are HUGE. Polaris had to decide where they would make the biggest buck down the road. Even though Victory was profitable, the name brand attraction of "Indian", together with the larger price tag they could charge for each unit produced, made the decision a no brainer. Good old capitalist greed, pure and simple. Not saying it's "bad", or "wrong".....just calling a spade a spade.

Pages: 1 [2]