• December 18, 2017, 11:48:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Interchangeable parts  (Read 656 times)

Rezzy

• Training Wheels
Interchangeable parts
« on: April 12, 2017, 11:00:57 AM »

Hey guys,

1st of all I tried looking for various parts that are interchangeable for my GT650R and have found quite a lot actually so I thought I'd see if a thread like this helps.

I purchased 250 Kawasaki ninja coils that bolted straight onto my GT650R
I ordered a mofset regulator rectifier and took a while to come so in the meantime found a guy wrecking another GT650R with a working RR, turned out the thing had an aprilia 125 RR so I got it and works great for the interim.

So let's make a live doc, everyone copy the list, add your input and post it to help others.

I have been looking for an exhaust can for my GT650R and I really would like to know the outlet pipe dimensions of the where the can bolts to and specifically if the gt250 and 650 cans will work on each other?

I'm not sure on the Year models but if you know please edit and updat to correct me.

Interchangeable parts list

Coils: (Year) ninja 250 direct fit for 2010 gt650
Regulator Rectifier: Aprilia 125 direct fit for gt650

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

albertinhouston

• Scraping the pegs
Re: Interchangeable parts
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 02:19:35 PM »

I have been looking for an exhaust can for my GT650R and I really would like to know the outlet pipe dimensions of the where the can bolts to and specifically if the gt250 and 650 cans will work on each other?

they are different.
250 4 bolt mount.
650 3 bolt mount. Can't remember what years but Suzuki used 3 bole mounts on gsxr tl busa late 90 early 2000's might be worth a look.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 08:49:10 PM »

I think the zx6r exhaust from '98 to '00 is a direct fit.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Sireaz707

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 01:44:40 PM »

Can you use 650r (side or better known as lower fairings)  and 250r (Upper fairings) on a 250 naked? I was told the parts are interchangeable... any help would be great

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 11:14:03 PM »

I have never tried myself personally, but my understanding is that all the plastics are the same. All of them. The mounting brackets however might be a different story.

There are only two issues I know of with putting fairings on a naked bike are that on the 650s, there is a small metal bracket, that is missing from the chassis of the naked, that is used to attach the headlight assembly. I do not know if the same is true for the 250s. Secondly, there is the uglification of such an awesome looking bike.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

retryW

• Regular rider
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 11:39:55 PM »

All the fairings are identical.

There are slightly different brackets for them though.

Also don't listen to umop-ǝpisdn. The bikes are cool without them, but become a gorgeous statement piece with them.

Sireaz707

• Training Wheels
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 12:04:00 PM »

HAHA I have always like both styles, I ended up buying some plastics and only the sides are from a 650 so lets see how this plays out!

Thank you for the input! does anyone know the wiring diagram for the taillight? I need to know which wire color is the brake light, which wire color is the running light etc... if not where can I find it?

albertinhouston

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 01:09:20 PM »

oh dude! I totally forgot about that. my bad I'll get you that today.

Pages: [1]