• June 28, 2017, 06:40:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lower fairing centre bracket screw/bolts !!  (Read 909 times)

retryW

• Regular rider
Lower fairing centre bracket screw/bolts !!
« on: April 18, 2017, 09:47:14 AM »

My fairings were off during maintenance. And in that time some ass stole every bolt, screw and the centre bracket for my fairings.
I have bought replacements for all of them, but when I opened the centre bracket (it holds the two front fairings together at the bottom for those non-R riders) it didn't come with the screws/bolts.
So this bracket has these weird spring loaded screws or something... I can't supply photos obviously, and I couldn't find them on the parts.asia site I got the rest of my parts from.

I was hoping anyone would be able to tell me where to get them, or at least a part number or name. As all I've got is springy screw/bolt thingy...

I wanna put my babies clothes back on!

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Lower fairing centre bracket screw/bolts !!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 12:53:37 PM »

Are you sure they're spring loaded?

I thought they were a mix of M5 and M6 Allen headed screws.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

retryW

• Regular rider
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 01:07:55 AM »

All of the fairing screws that lock them to the bike itself are allen head screws. Which I have plenty of.

This bracket is located here, and had this weird cross-over plate and some spring loaded screws that held the middle grill fairing to the two side lower fairing. I'm not crazy I swear!!

It has the regular screw to hold it to the grill, but then these 2 spring screw things on the inside of the fairing holding the bracket to the side fairings at the bottom.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 01:30:43 AM »

I got a big box of random crap. Want me to take a photo of a whole bunch of screws?

Entirely unhelpful perhaps, but sort of the digital equivalent of sifting through the real thing.

Postage would be on you.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

retryW

• Regular rider
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 02:50:02 AM »

I got a big box of random crap. Want me to take a photo of a whole bunch of screws?

Entirely unhelpful perhaps, but sort of the digital equivalent of sifting through the real thing.

Postage would be on you.

Yeah that would be great!
From memory, they didn't actually come off the weird U-shaped bracket when I undid them (note this bracket is not attached to the bike, it was only attached to the 3 different sections of fairing). They were still attached somehow... This was like a month ago, and I just removed it from the fairing then left it on the ground next to my bike.

retryW

• Regular rider
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 12:27:25 PM »

If anyone happens to be taking their fairings off and feels like taking some snaps of what these lool like that'd be great. Could even paypal some $ for someone to go to the effort.

I assume the fairings haven't changed from 07 to now have they? They'd all be the same

albertinhouston

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 01:22:04 PM »

there is no spring loaded fairing bolts on the bike.
The its a simple metal bracket with 3 bolts in it.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 09:53:00 PM »

Possibly added by someone who was sick of losing them?

retryW

• Regular rider
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 04:21:28 AM »

there is no spring loaded fairing bolts on the bike.
The its a simple metal bracket with 3 bolts in it.

I am so confused then. Because when I took it off, there was DEFINITELY spring-loaded screws that didn't even come off the bracket.
Would be strange for the owner to DIY that if they only have 300Km on the bike before they sold it...

Any idea what kind of bolts then ?  As they are surely smaller than the rest of the fairing bolts/screws (thinner right?)

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 08:11:52 AM »

100% can confirm they are not spring loaded bolts. Just metal bracket and 3 bolts that rust solid.

Pages: [1] 2