• October 18, 2017, 02:45:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: No more GT250  (Read 298 times)

Jarlaxle

• Learner rider
No more GT250
« on: June 11, 2017, 01:27:54 PM »

This was about a month ago...my wife was out riding...2-lane, mostly, wound up about 100 miles before lunch. (She and her friend Tina; I was stuck at school.) They had just stopped to get lunch, and were riding through a business district, going maybe 30MPH in moderate traffic. They were riding staggered, with Tina (on her neon-yellow Buell Blast) leading on the left, with Liz (on her Hyosung Comet) a bit back, on the right. As they went, a dickhead in a Ford Escape was coming the other way. As soon as Tina passed him, he cut the wheel left (did not signal) and went to turn...at the last instant, his pea brain processed that there was another motorcycle, and he yanked the wheel right again...her bar just clipped the Escape; she went into what she described as a short tank-slapper, and then ass-over-teakettle into a gas station's landscaping.

The tally: one bashed Hyosung GT250, one trashed Shoei, one ripped glove, some interesting bruises, and mulch in all sorts of uncomfortable places. That could have been much worse.  Bike was totalled (front wheel, bars, and forks damaged)...about 26,000 miles. (1K on new chain and sprockets...grrrrr.)

Gear was Olympia Airglide jacket & pants, Shoei Neotec modular helmet.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 01:33:25 PM by Jarlaxle »

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: No more GT250
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 09:52:41 PM »

Best wishes and a speedy recovery
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Jarlaxle

• Learner rider
Re: No more GT250
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 05:19:03 AM »

She's fine, fortunately.

We did ~200 miles on the bikes today. :)

Pages: [1]