• December 18, 2017, 01:52:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Rotor/Flyweel removal GV125  (Read 387 times)

lee3771

• Training Wheels
Rotor/Flyweel removal GV125
« on: July 10, 2017, 08:07:52 PM »

Hi there, I have a hyosung GV125 with a starter gear problem. I need to get the rotor/flywheel off but does it hell want to shift.

I've tried those 3 jaw pullers but they keep sliding off the back of the rotor due to it being bevelled so was wanting to buy the proper rotor/ flywheel removal tool but don't know what size it is.

Would anyone on here know which one or what size I need. Also whether it's left or right hand thread cos there's loads on Amazon and eBay but most screw into an inside thread and clearly this on is an external one. I suppose all I really need to know is what size thread it is and whether it's left or right handed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Rotor/Flyweel removal GV125
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 12:41:00 AM »

I wonder if it's the same with the 125s as it is with the 650s?

There's a threaded part in the centre of the rotor. The threaded hole is a larger diameter than a threaded hole on the crank behind the rotor.

If you put the right size of bolt into the rotor, it will press against the crank and push it off.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

lee3771

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 10:19:45 AM »

I wouldn't like to say if it's the same as the 650's but by the looks of it, your theory would definitely work but it would need a threaded collar to screw onto the rotor and then a bolt going through the collar to press against the crankshaft. The dimensions I need are the size and thread of the collar if anyone has any ideas.

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 10:50:23 AM »

Sounds like you need to buy yourself a set of thread pitch guages and measuring calipers. If I had that side of the engine case off I would do it for you.

lee3771

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 04:24:17 PM »

Thankyou very much for the offer, I think that's the only way I'll be able to find out. Was just hoping to keep the bike on the road as long as possible and have all the tools ready so I could get the whole job done in one swoop.

Pages: [1]