• October 17, 2017, 04:43:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gt125r cdi pinout  (Read 465 times)

Bikerjohn90

• Newbie to Hyosung and loving every second of it
  • Learner rider
Gt125r cdi pinout
« on: August 08, 2017, 05:10:32 PM »

Hi guys and girls, as some of you are aware I've just bought my first Hyo and its a sexy beast. Unfortunately she's abit unwell. I have a cdi issue and was wondering if anyone has a pinout for the cdi so I can fault find. Symptoms are no spark and dash not working.

Things I have done

New plugs + coils and leads

Previous owner fitted new engine and new loom along with new battery and regulator/rectifier so I'm guessing cdi or stator fault
She turns over just fine and fuel is flowing nicely.
Anyone have any ideas or a pinout please
Also does anyone know if the dash from a 2016 model fit a 2008 model.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 06:21:13 PM by Bikerjohn90 »
Bike + petrol x twisty roads = 😃😃😃😃
Basic maths

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
Re: Gt125r cdi pinout
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 08:30:56 PM »

Hi guys and girls, as some of you are aware I've just bought my first Hyo and its a sexy beast. Unfortunately she's abit unwell. I have a cdi issue and was wondering if anyone has a pinout for the cdi so I can fault find. Symptoms are no spark and dash not working.

Things I have done

New plugs + coils and leads

Previous owner fitted new engine and new loom along with new battery and regulator/rectifier so I'm guessing cdi or stator fault
She turns over just fine and fuel is flowing nicely.
Anyone have any ideas or a pinout please
Also does anyone know if the dash from a 2016 model fit a 2008 model.

What makes you think its CDI?

I'd start by checking your grounds to the coils and inspecting the loom. Alarm bells are ringing as to why thats been tampered with in the first place. Stator you can check with a multimeter and poking various combinations into the plug (with three yellow wires) from the engine casing.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 08:34:27 PM by Joss »

Bikerjohn90

• Learner rider
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 08:52:43 PM »

Loom was replaced by previous owner as it had so many chops in it from the original 17 year old that owned the bike so it wasn't practical to use and was practically done for. Engine was replaced as timing went on the old engine so new engine was fitted but now won't start. So as I'm going off what I was told by the previous owner so because he has replaced so many things the only thing left to heck is cdi or stator. You on to something joss? Work your magic matey 😀
Basic maths

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 12:57:48 AM »

John,

Make sure that the pickup coil coil is plugged into the right connection.

The connectors for the reg/rec to loom connection and the pickup to CDI connection are identical!

Make sure that the wire colours are the same on both sides and haven't been crossed over. Result would fit your symptoms.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 08:51:40 AM »

I'd have to check that on the 125/250 umop-ǝpisdn. I've never had that problem wiring the loom in several times I dont know how anyone would get that wrong. I'll check it out tonight to see if it applies.

John, have you got the bike wiring diagram printed out from the service manual. I took it and blew it up to A3. That will help you trace anything you need. Should you get stuck you can always post a photo for us to check over. My project has the harness easily available for me to confirm. Your a little too far away from me to pop down and help unfortunately.

Bikerjohn90

• Learner rider
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 11:36:38 AM »

Ye I am am a little far joss mate. The downfall of living in sunny Wales. Maybe when we get the bike running I'll come up and visit. Still not regretting my purchase though. She's a sexy beast. I have a wiring diagram and workshop manual. I'll go print it out and have it blown up and I'll go over it to make sure everything is plugged in correct. Do you think both faults are related or separate? If the dash is dead will a 2016 dash fit mine?
Basic maths

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 12:58:42 PM »

Ye I am am a little far joss mate. The downfall of living in sunny Wales. Maybe when we get the bike running I'll come up and visit. Still not regretting my purchase though. She's a sexy beast. I have a wiring diagram and workshop manual. I'll go print it out and have it blown up and I'll go over it to make sure everything is plugged in correct. Do you think both faults are related or separate? If the dash is dead will a 2016 dash fit mine?

Well the clock feeds run from the harness header link, I'd check those out, get a multimeter and probe for any voltage to + pins and check the ground pins by checking to the frame.

It certainly looks to me like your loom has issues. Can you post some photos of your loom to the battery and also the header connections.

Bikerjohn90

• Learner rider
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 07:37:49 PM »

Hey joss I've sorted my clock issues and they work fine now. A plug plugged into the wrong place but still no spark. It has new coils and plugs. It ran for about half a minuet but ran lumpy (firing on one cylinder then two cylinders then back to one) and then died and not had spark since. Has new rectifier,battery,plugs,coils and leads and now I'm stuck. I am thinking stator or the pickup coil next to the stator but not sure.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 07:42:44 PM by Bikerjohn90 »
Basic maths

mrcrum

• Learner rider
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 02:14:11 PM »

Probably not the stator.  The bike should still run with it unplugged if the battery is charged.  Could be the pickup coil.  It is affected by the timing so I would verify that both cylinders are timed right.  Seems possible since it did start and almost run at first.  I would also do a compression test since low compression could be a cause for those symptoms.  Who knows what the engine he put in was like.  The CDI also controls the fuel pump but that's unlikely.  You could check to make sure it's staying engaged.  Probably not the clutch lever switch, side stand switch, diodes or gear position switch since it did run but you should check them to be sure.  I'd verify the spark too.  I've had new wires that had intermittent issues more than once due to the connection from the wire to the connector at the end of it.  If you have an old plug around you could straighten the pin at the end of it and see if the spark can still jump that gap.  The spark should be able to jump about 1/4 of an inch when not in the compressed fuel mixture.  Good Luck!!

Bikerjohn90

• Learner rider
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2017, 06:04:25 PM »

Right I've checked compression and fuel pump. We have plenty of flow and can smell fuel coming out the exhaust. Checked no spark and there is Defoe no spark at all. I'm thinking pickup coil. Does anyone have one for sale that's working?
Basic maths

Pages: [1]