• December 18, 2017, 03:39:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: GV250 bogged down  (Read 1399 times)

echo4mic

• Training Wheels
Re: GV250 bogged down
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 08:12:52 PM »

Opened up the carbs.  Front carb is very dirty... and it's gasket was torn, which was allowing fuel to leak and probably contributing to the mess inside.  Ordered a rebuild kit and will get it cleaned up.  I'm betting this is the problem, since all that crap is most likely clogging the main jet.
Once cleaned and rebuilt, it'll be a pain to get the carbs and airbox back onto the bike... was a pain getting them off too. 
(Oh, and I'm going to replace the bowl screws with allen head screws... for sure)

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 08:43:25 PM »

echo,

I have never seen anyone succeed on the first try. Carb cleaning needs to occur at least 5 times. It's a rule.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

albertinhouston

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 01:39:30 AM »

Ur tank neefs to be cleaned also. Do not put the carbs back on till u do.

U will be doing it 5 times or more

Christmas

• Regular rider
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 03:12:35 AM »

Or just put 700 inline filters for the next 6 months until all the shit is cleared out

echo4mic

• Training Wheels
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 04:00:56 PM »

The gunk isnt from the tank.  It's because the previous owner didnt drain the bowls before letting it sit for years, and at some point they did open the carbs and messed up the gasket on the front one.  This is all caramelized fuel in there. 

albertinhouston

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 04:43:33 PM »

Ok learn the hard way
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 04:47:18 PM by albertinhouston »

echo4mic

• Training Wheels
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 08:26:28 PM »

albertinhouston - sorry, I didnt mean for that to sound rude... I appreciate your advice.  I've looked in the tank and it is clear and clean, no rust.  And since there is supposed to be an internal filter (on the petcock), and there is an inline filter prior to the fuel pump... so, if there was junk in the tank, I would think it would have a hard time getting all the way to the carbs.  Plus, it is only the front carb that was all gunked up... if the issue was coming from the tank, then both carbs would be equally fouled.

As for the tiny spider and debris that came out when I drained the bowls the first time... that could have been just inside the bowl drain nipple, and not actually inside the bowl (I should have thought about that first, rather than assuming it was all actually inside the bowl).

I appreciate everyones advise very much.   

echo4mic

• Training Wheels
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 05:11:08 PM »

Yep, carbs were the issue.  Cleaned them out good, used the rebuild kit, got everything back together and it runs great.  Had some trouble with getting the airbox and carbs back in there, since they're stuffed in so tight.... but I got it done. 
After getting it done, I think I may have realized an easier way?  Outside the bike, attach carbs to the airbox... loosely attach the intake boots to the carbs... turn those boots so that they curve to the Left, rather than front and back... insert the whole carb+airbox unit into place, and then rotate those intake boots (from Left facing, to front and back... in order to line up with their connection points on the engine). 
Anyone have any experience with getting the carbs and airbox back in the "right" way? 
Since the airbox is a two-piece plastic unit, I wondered if it was installed (originally) as two separate pieces, and then glued together once it was in place??  But that seems ridiculous to me.

albertinhouston

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 01:47:24 AM »

Some where on here someone posted that a hyosung tech. Came to their shop and put them in wiith no issues.
Its so muchnof a pain ill nvr buy another to flip.

Good to hear u got it running.

mrcrum

• Learner rider
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 02:29:34 PM »

I do something similar to what you do when installing the carbs.  I firmly attach the carbs to the air box and loosely attach only the front intake boot.  I also remove the idle speed adjustment control cable and install together onto bike.  I then install the rear intake after I'm sure I didn't mess up the o-ring on the front one during the installation.

Pages: 1 [2] 3