• October 18, 2017, 12:08:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: '04 GV250 rear vacuum hose  (Read 240 times)

smoulding

• Training Wheels
'04 GV250 rear vacuum hose
« on: August 19, 2017, 07:00:12 PM »

Hi, I'm having trouble trying to figure out where the rear vacuum hose goes. The engine has two black rubber intakes. They both have a nipple for vacuum hoses. The front one goes to the pump near the petcock. My question is, where does the one for the rear one go? When I got it, it wasn't running, and there is no vacuum hose on that rear intake nipple. If I put a vacuum hose on that rear nipple, where is the other end supposed to go? I don't see any loose hoses under there, except the one from a nipple under the gas tank. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:25:14 PM by smoulding »

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

mrcrum

• Learner rider
Re: '04 GV250 rear vacuum hose
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 10:38:19 PM »

My sons bike is in pieces right now but I think it went to the doohickey on the right lower front of the bike just behind the horn.  It is also connected to a tube that goes to the front of the front cylinder as well as a hose that I think goes to a Tee at the top of the carbs.  I don't know what that thing is but think that's where I remember it going.

Christmas

• Regular rider
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 03:15:09 AM »

Not 100% but the rear one goes to the petcock. The front goes to the fuel pump and if there's a third one it connects to the AIS system. Although I don't actually own a GV250 so I'm not totally sure but that's how it goes on my GT650.

smoulding

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 11:40:54 AM »

Unfortunately, there is no thingy located near the horn for a vacuum hose to fit into, either it's missing or it was never there. There is no nipple for a vacuum hose on the petcock like on the 650. Should the nipple on the rear intake simply be plugged with one of those automotive vacuum plugs? Maybe nothing was on it from the get-go. ? I looked in the service manual, and have not found the information. Thanks.

mrcrum

• Learner rider
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 03:44:05 PM »

I did a search and it is the AIS system as Christmas said on my sons bike.  It also said that not all 250s have them.  My son's is a 2006.  Some also have the hose going to the petcock like he said as well.  I found lots of posts for removing the AIS system, which they say is for emissions, so I would think that plugging it would be fine since you don't have one.  We disconnected it while troubleshooting and it seemed to have no effect, in the short term anyway.  Maybe it used to go to the petcock but the petcock was changed at some point?  Seems like you would be ok to just plug it.  At least it would come in handy for balancing the carbs.  Maybe someone else will have a more definite answer.

Pages: [1]