• November 21, 2017, 11:58:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Intermittent FI light and reduced power  (Read 1885 times)

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Intermittent FI light and reduced power
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 08:33:32 PM »

Before giving up on the used pump, try soaking it in vinegar. This was a trick suggested by Hylife and I've seen posts by someone else as well saying they tried it, with great success.

Soak it for 3 ~ 5 minutes in white vinegar and then rinse it in petrol.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Robbygt650

• Learner rider
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 09:24:41 PM »

Anything I can try before pulling the tank off? She's got a full tank right now. Can I just follow voltage through the fuel pump circuit?
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like its got a basket, a bell that rings and things to make it look good. I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 06:24:04 AM »

Voltage might not be the issue. It might be that the filter sock is all full of rust/crap. My thought was that the error might be due to the pump not building pressure?
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

spit051261

• Regular rider
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 08:00:39 AM »

Get as close as you can to the pump terminal with a 12V test light to make sure you are getting a good supply to the pump . If you get a good result with light at the pump ( put the test light straight across battery first to see the sort of light you should be getting )  and you can hear / feel the pump spinning , it's the pump blocked / U/S . No supply at pump means starting from the beginning of the circuit and tracing it through . Don't make the mistake of trusting a multimeter reading without first verifying the supply with a test light .
A meter could give a 12V reading ( open circuit voltage ) but when the circuit is loaded up , it will fall to zero if you have a dodgy connection somewhere .
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:57:34 AM by spit051261 »

spit051261

• Regular rider
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 04:55:37 AM »

Really need more information .
Is the pump motor spinning ( should be able to hear / feel it )?
Is there a good 12V supply to it ?
Have you tried disconnecting the outgoing hose to see if it's pumping (may need priming) ?

Robbygt650

• Learner rider
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2017, 11:45:17 PM »

I used the test light with the engine off, key on, killswitch off... I am getting no light on either of the two terminals which I thought was odd. When I used the VOM to see what voltages I was getting at the pump I saw 2v (this is with the engine off if it matters). I did see about 12v at the fuel pump relay on the 2 hot terminals

The pump makes all the normal noises when the killswitch is disengaged. It primes just like it should and the bike starts pretty regularly. Once the bike is hot it will signal a "E41" with the red FI light coming on and "FI" replacing my speedo intermittently. When this happens the bike feels as if its only running on one cylinder. No power what so ever, wants to stall out, just terrible.

Does anyone have any tips for removing the tank without breaking the fuel pump inlet (twice now) or spilling gasoline everywhere? Certainly appreciate it

EDIT: Not sure if related but my clutch seems to be out of spec as well. With clutch pulled in, if I rev up, the bike will move forward. Don't think it's related to my current issue but just in case...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:57:26 PM by Robbygt650 »
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like its got a basket, a bell that rings and things to make it look good. I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it

spit051261

• Regular rider
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 12:51:48 AM »

The clutch is no biggie . With my bike up on rear stands , bike in gear and clutch pulled in , the rear wheel still spins . May be a stretched cable or just need adjusting .
Just get the pump off if it's spinning OK and see if it is actually pumping OK .
I still don't understand if you are saying the pump motor is spinning OK or if you still have an electrical fault on it ?
With everything switched on , you should be getting 12V at 3 terminals on the relay . 30 - feed in .87  - Feed out to pump and 86 coil connection to energize relay . You can now see why it is important to use a test light and not rely just on a meter .
Forget about the 2V , that is nothing and test light proved that .
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 01:09:00 AM by spit051261 »

Robbygt650

• Learner rider
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 12:58:05 PM »

How can I see the pump spinning? Should I take it off the tank while still plugged in and try to start the bike? I've never done anything like that before. It's curious that you say I should have 12v at 3 terminals at the relay since I only had 12v at 2 of the terminals. This will be something I will look into further when I get home tonight. Perhaps this is what's causing my E41?

spit051261

• Regular rider
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 01:59:02 PM »

you should have a constant supply with ignition on pin 30 , the feed .
You should have a feed onto pin 86 (coil) and you should also have supply on pin 87 which is the other side of pin 30 and goes to the fuel pump . see https://www.google.com.au/search?q=12+relay+drawing&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&tbm=isch&source=iu&pf=m&ictx=1&fir=rYrJFoZOrgNN0M%253A%252Cm3AEGDdEsvIb3M%252C_&usg=__kDQuP2ENHbpJsLTCF3hpHKCi0dU%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiTtYvAxbHXAhXGlJQKHQq9BJIQ9QEILjAD#imgrc=rYrJFoZOrgNN0M:
You should be able to hear the thing spinning .
i would only take it off if you have a supply on it and it's not spinning .
Sounds like you have an electrical issue if it's not spinning/pumping . check the above link and trace the circuit .
C32 injector 1 fault
c33 injector 2 fault
c41 fuel pump relay
Check the manual out , it should have all the info you need .http://www.hyosung.hu/download/pdf/letoltesek.htm
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 02:16:23 PM by spit051261 »

Robbygt650

• Learner rider
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2017, 03:02:52 PM »

Update: I checked my fuel pump relay with 12v and it seems to be working just fine. Clicks and shows continuity so I can rule that out. I'm fairly sure I can rule out the screen being clogged because event he brand new fuel pump I had previously installed did the same exact thing. I did test the fuel pump circuit with the ignition switched on and found that I do have 12v on 3 terminals and then once the bike is running I BELIEVE I have 12v on 2 terminals and 1-2v on the third. If it helps any I can confirm ecxactly what wires have exactly what voltage under both conditions.

So, relay is good, fuel pump appears to be good. I hate to say it but could it be ECU or injectors? If anyone in the New England area wants to pick up a 2012 hyosung gt650 cheap.... this would be the time!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4