• November 22, 2017, 12:04:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Intermittent FI light and reduced power  (Read 1887 times)

Robbygt650

• Learner rider
Re: Intermittent FI light and reduced power
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 10:56:19 PM »

I took some voltage readings under different conditions hoping this may point to something I am missing. I've used the wire colors from the harness to the fuel pump relay connector for reference. I'm using the negative battery terminal as ground and all values are rounded. Here we go!

WITH THE IGNITION OFF
RED...12V
OR/BL...0V
BL/WH...0V
GR/WH...0V

IGNITION ON - KILLSWITCH ENGAGED
RED...12V
OR/BL...0V
BL/WH...0V
GR/WH...0V

IGNITION ON - KILLSWITCH DISENGAGED (FUEL PUMP PRIMES)
RED...12V
OR/BL...12V
BL/WH...0V
GR/WH...11V

BIKE RUNNING
RED...12V
OR/BL...11V
BL/WH...11V
GR/WH...1V

Thanks to everyone so far helping me troubleshoot my issue thus far. I'll buy you all a pint if you ever pass through Connecticut!
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like its got a basket, a bell that rings and things to make it look good. I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

spit051261

• Regular rider
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 11:57:02 PM »

Seems like your problem is the Green/White cable which feeds the coil of the pump relay and comes from your ECU (pin 58). Could have a faulty cable which occurs through vibration when bike is running (easy to check cable with a multi-meter .
Could also be a faulty ECU , or the ECU is stopping the bike from running for some reason .
Need to see if it's throwing a code just as the bike starts running to see if it is stopping the pump/bike due to another fault .
Paul

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2017, 12:19:39 AM »

I'm not so sure aye.  :-\

I reckon it's a dirty or faulty pressure sensor in the pump. I think that the fuel pressure sensor is telling the ECU that it's got adequate pressure and therefore the ECU is turning the pump off.

As I suggested earlier, take the pump out and put it in a vinegar bath for a few minutes then soak it in petrol to rinse off the vinegar.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Robbygt650

• Learner rider
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 12:44:02 AM »

I'll check the cable. Also, any color vinegar?
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like its got a basket, a bell that rings and things to make it look good. I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 12:56:44 AM »

Cheap.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

spit051261

• Regular rider
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 12:14:41 AM »

I'm not so sure aye.  :-\

I reckon it's a dirty or faulty pressure sensor in the pump. I think that the fuel pressure sensor is telling the ECU that it's got adequate pressure and therefore the ECU is turning the pump off.

As I suggested earlier, take the pump out and put it in a vinegar bath for a few minutes then soak it in petrol to rinse off the vinegar.
I did say it could be the ECU stopping the bike because of another fault and hence , see if it's throwing a code when starting . You always start with the easy things to check such as a faulty cable from pin 58 (ECU) to the relay then work your way through other possible faults . At least he now knows he has lost the feed from the ECU to pump relay for some reason . As umop said , could be low fuel pressure as well as a few other reasons the ECU is stopping the bike from running . Have to start somewhere .
Paul
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 12:22:56 AM by spit051261 »

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 03:11:13 PM »

I hate to bring this up. But have you checked to make sure you don't. Have an intermittent ignition coil failure ?  When it drops to one cylinder the non firing cylinder will be cold to the touch. If it is always the same cylinder I would toss the plug wire first. Then the coil if it still does it. Just for giggles. If you already verified spark isn't an issue then ignore my post. I just keep reading. Runs fine then warms up and   Fi light and drops to one cylinder
2011 GV250, 2013 IRON 883

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]