• October 18, 2017, 12:11:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Stator cover crack  (Read 276 times)

Stucklikechuck814

• Training Wheels
Stator cover crack
« on: September 15, 2017, 10:35:27 AM »

I just replaced my stator and cracked my stator cover because I didn't use a torque wrench. Does anyone know whether or not the 2009 gt650r comet is carburated or fuel injection? Probably a dumb question but this is my first bike. And would anyone know where I can get a new one? I've seen some on some websites but they either say for fuel injection or carb, or the ones on eBay are for the years 05-07. I tried to patch the old one with jb weld like an idiot but it then proceeded to pour oil all down my driveway (motul 300v I might add)😠

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Stator cover crack
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 11:53:45 AM »

Unfortunately 2009 is a change over year. Mostly carby, some EFI. Shit answer, I know. Does your dash have an FI light? (literally a light that says FI).
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Stucklikechuck814

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 06:21:40 PM »

Yea I just had some sort of thin black  wire with a white line running off of the negative terminal to the left side of the wire harness fry out and the fi light came on and my bike wo uldnt even turn over. I don't know what the wire is but I clipped it off. I thought the c12 error code was for the pickup coil so I replaced the stator and accidently cracked the cover putting it back on and my battery still isn't charging.

albertinhouston

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 02:20:40 AM »

I thought i replied to this earlier...
 If ubare looking for a stator cover they are all the same

Pages: [1]