• December 18, 2017, 11:20:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I'm not even sure why i'm buying this...  (Read 986 times)

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
Re: I'm not even sure why i'm buying this...
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 03:35:14 PM »

I personally have no need for anything more than my 125cc bike

I'm the same but I refused to pay 130 every 2 years for a CBT certificate to validate my insurance. Without taking your test you will eventually pay more than what it would of cost to do it (assuming you don't ride without a valid CBT).

But age-limiting cars is going to help literally nobody; not people who want to get good in 80s rear-driven sports cars, not people who want to casually learn in their dad's Insignia, not bikers like me who are happy with the drivers today, not anybody.

I see no sense in being able to pass your test and drive a 200mph Sports Car at 17. Earn your graft and work your way up. I disagree with drivers of today, I see so many lazy/silly drivers who think the indicator stalk is just for show. Approach junctions at 30/40 and slam brakes on or just dont stop for the smallest of gaps.

The fact we have organised groups running days out educating car drivers of bikers, ran by bikers tells me we have an issue, this is in partnership with the police. What about "think bike" campaigns. If there wasnt an issue with car drivers, these wouldnt exist.

I only need to watch the ever growing youtube compilations and reg number reporting websites to see its getting worse. That doesnt mean to say all bikers are squeeky clean but that's helped by the fact you cant legally ride 200mph at 17 on a CBT.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 03:38:58 PM by Joss »

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 08:48:54 PM »

After spending a month or so baby-sitting a Tuono V4, anyone who thinks its a good idea to let a learner ride such a thing needs their head read.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 08:24:41 AM »

After spending a month or so baby-sitting a Tuono V4, anyone who thinks its a good idea to let a learner ride such a thing needs their head read.

They look and sound amazing.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 09:42:02 AM »

Agreed, but don't trust reviewers. There's nothing refined about this bike. It is not smooth. You get off that bike more stressed than when you got on it. Being Italian is not an excuse for sloppy low end tuning. The turbosung has more linear power delivery than that thing and a higher peak output to boot. At any point, I know where I stand, even on a cobbled together POS home made turbo bike ...not so this 'prestige' Italian axe murder.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

spit051261

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 12:40:43 PM »

In the UK it is almost impossible for a young driver to insure anything other than  1 litre bag of shite .
Without insurance , you would get picked up within minutes because of big brother number plate recognition .Young drivers who have just passed their test are looking at a second mortgage to insure a "fast car" like a 1.3 Fiesta , seriously .

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 08:49:25 PM »

In the UK it is almost impossible for a young driver to insure anything other than  1 litre bag of shite .
Without insurance , you would get picked up within minutes because of big brother number plate recognition .Young drivers who have just passed their test are looking at a second mortgage to insure a "fast car" like a 1.3 Fiesta , seriously .

Thats because they know fine well alot of their mams cars are going into a hedge or lampost at 3am. They also know the vast majority of lads will pick a clio, corsa or fiesta. Females a KA, clio or a 500. Those are automatically in the KACHING bracket.

Stick to an old reliant robin  ;D

Pages: 1 [2]