• December 18, 2017, 11:19:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Exhaust chop  (Read 424 times)

Mastodon

• Regular rider
Exhaust chop
« on: October 02, 2017, 11:23:18 AM »

Hi all, i have done my exhaust chop yesterday, i feel that i need to warn and correctly instruct anyone who wants to do this, because the jobs i have seen on this website any anywhere else, only half of the correct info was given and i almost cocked it up totally,

1. THIS IS NOT A EASY JOB

TOOLS NEEDED: 5MM DRILL TO DRILL OUT OLD POP RIVETS TO REMOVE END CAP, NEW 6X POP RIVETS TO REPLACE THE DRILLED OUT ONES, A POP RIVET GUN OF COURSE, LARGE DISK GRINDER TO CUT THE EXHAUST (A SMALL DISK GRINDER WILL NOT WORK AND DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT THIS WITH A HACK SAW) A METAL FILE TO CLEAN THE ROUGH END AFTER YOU HAVE CUT THE EXHAUST WITH THE GRINDER

WARNING!!! DO NOT CUT ANYMORE THAN A 1/4 OF THE TOTAL SIZE OFF THE REAR WHEN YOU HAVE REMOVED THE END CAP!!!

AFTER YOU HAVE CUT A 1/4 OFF THE REAR, LOOK INSIDE, YOU WILL SEE 2X PIPE HOLES AT THE BOTTOM AND 1X ANGLED PIPE POINTING AT YOU, THIS ANGLED PIPE WILL HAVE TO BE TRIMMED AT LEAST 70MM BECAUSE OF THE END CAP SHAPE, YOU WILL KNOW WHY I SAY THIS WHEN YOU ARE BUSY WITH IT

REMEMBER WHEN YOU FIT THE END CAP BACK, IT MUST BE ANGLED CORRECTLY BECAUSE IT MUST POINT DOWN OTHERWISE IT WILL LOOK LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD FITTED IT!

DRILL NEW HOLES FOR THE POP RIVETS AND POP THEM OFF, DONE :)

I personally like the sound of the chopped exhaust, its much louder and it sounds exactly like a expensive aftermarket exhaust, it also feels like i drive a larger bike now compared to the stock exhaust size, lol!

Please feel free to ask questions

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

albertinhouston

• Scraping the pegs
Re: Exhaust chop
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 06:13:39 PM »

can you post some pictures?

Mastodon

• Regular rider
Re: Exhaust chop
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 10:01:48 AM »