• October 20, 2017, 12:52:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2015 GT650R makes metal grinding noise under acceleration  (Read 146 times)

Monstercrave

• Training Wheels
2015 GT650R makes metal grinding noise under acceleration
« on: October 03, 2017, 07:06:29 AM »

Hi all,

I'm the owner of a 2015 Hyosung GT650R with 32,000 kms on the clock. It never misses a service and I've never taken it above 5k rpms in its lifetime.

Under acceleration say from 0km/h to 90km/h zone not flogging it at all it will make a noise as if you threw rocks and dirt into a tub and chucked it around, thats the noise I can describe and it comes from behind the radiator if I stick my helmet near it while riding. What should I do about this and should I continue to ride it?

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: 2015 GT650R makes metal grinding noise under acceleration
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 09:18:25 AM »

Cam chain tensioner?

http://www.hyosungparts.asia/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=f9d67047be181620440c1de21fd5ea45&keyword=cam+chain+tension&x=0&y=0

Be aware that there are a variety of sizes and no convention that I know of for what size fits which year.

You're best served removing your existing one and checking it before leaping into buying stuff. Take it out, test it to see if it has lost it's springiness. If so, find out the diameter.

Gaskets are cheap, might as well be safe, rather than sorry. Just make sure you get the right one also. You might even consider the gasket even if you don't replace the tensioner. Leaks suck and so on.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pages: [1]