• December 18, 2017, 03:33:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: World Solar Challenge 2017 - Race starts Sunday 8th of October  (Read 1333 times)

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: World Solar Challenge 2017 - Race starts Sunday 8th of October
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 01:47:24 PM »

Punch on the far left, Tokai in the middle and Michigan on the right:

I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: World Solar Challenge 2017 - Race starts Sunday 8th of October
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 12:07:42 AM »

Day 5 :-

Nuon won comfortably with a two hour lead. Average speed for the event (while moving) was 81.2 km/h.
Michigan in 2nd place. They ended up with a 30 minute lead over the 3rd place getter and avaraged 77.1 km/h.
Punch took 3rd with an average of 76.2 km/h and a 10 minute lead over Tokai.
Tokai finished 4th after a strong run to the finish and averaged 75.9 km/h.
Twente finished 5th, 8 minutes behind Tokai. They averaged 75.6 km/h.

These are the only teams to have finished. Everyone else is still on the road.

WSU is currently 6th, with Kogakuin only 20 minutes behind. They're averaging 63.4 km/h and 62.9 km/h respectively.

Tomorrow will definitely see these two finish as they have 350 and 380 kms left to travel respectively. Remember that these two have had to deal with the brunt of that thunderstorm as well as the pack of Cruiser and Adventure class cars that passed while they were limping. There are still 12 Cruiser and Adventure cars ahead of them, with WSU closing on on one right now and attempting another passing maneuver. Passing tends to eat battery and there are regulations regarding how closely a team can travel. An overtake ends up delaying both teams.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pages: 1 [2]