• November 19, 2017, 09:27:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 03 GV250 Starting issues  (Read 316 times)

supercholo

• Training Wheels
03 GV250 Starting issues
« on: October 18, 2017, 06:12:01 PM »

Ok guys, new to the forum and new to riding. This is my first bike and for the most part it has been ok. Now I have an issue with it starting and I have no idea what I am doing. A little help would be great.

Backstory, The last few weeks intermittantly I have had some issues here and there with the bike not starting. Some times I press the start button and nothing happens, eventually it starts up after waiting a bit. Last week I rode to work and when leaving the bike would not start at all. It got cold out and was unable to push start. (I was the only person in an almost perfectly flat lot.) I left the bike overnight, when I came in the next day I charged it and it started up.

Once home it was done. Nothing at all for 2 days when hitting the button. Charged the battery up but now all I get is a buzzing sound from the solenoid and that is it. I'm up in Northern Pa so it's getting colder and I will have to garage it really soon so I want to get what i can out of it before it's too late.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

emilhotti

• Training Wheels
Re: 03 GV250 Starting issues
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 06:26:52 PM »

Im not an expert either, but I would start by checking the battery and the charging system. There's instructions in the service manual, which I had to download from the internet.

Pages: [1]