• November 19, 2017, 09:22:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: newbie needs helps with cruise II  (Read 952 times)

lou984

• Training Wheels
newbie needs helps with cruise II
« on: October 20, 2017, 08:59:47 PM »

hello guys, just bought a 2001 cruise II, in need of some TLC, next door neighbour is helping me fix her up for me to ride. the main problem we've found is that there is a part missing, he's told me what it is but i cant remember (think he's referring to a car though) push the electric start, kicks in the starter motor, but not engaging the engine. nothing going to the flywheel. but kick starts fine. and no i'm not familiar the part names on engines. by all means start your banter later.  ;D any help much appreciated, and yes i am a blonde  :o

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: newbie needs helps with cruise II
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 09:44:40 PM »

Have a look here and see if you can identify the part and the part number.

http://hyosung.hu/download/pdf/data/alkatresz-katalogusok/GAF-125%20Cruise2%20PARTS%20CATALOGUE.pdf
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 09:47:34 PM »

I think maybe figure 7 is relevant.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

lou984

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 10:59:47 PM »

thank you, does parts 1,2,3 connect with the starter motor then onto the flywheel. like i said i'm not mechanically minded with what each part does within the engine

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 11:26:04 PM »

I would suggest taking the starter motor out and looking at the condition of the parts. They might not be missing, they might have failed.

lou984

• Training Wheels
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 07:42:34 PM »

starter was removed, cleaned works great. after reading the link you sent me, and abit of research about fig 7. thank you by the way. found that the idle attaches to the armature of the starter motor on the cam side, but nothing is operating the gear starter clutch? which is on the right of the starter motor, should there be a belt or cog that connects the starter to this? it looks like a round metal bowl with a cog behind it maybe?. (the bowl is smooth by the way) i'm only going of what i've read so far.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 09:44:55 PM »

I am not at all knowledgeable in the specific workings of a starter motor.

I think something is supposed to move into place. The starter and idler shouldn't be in contact all the time, or else the starter would be spinning all the time.

I think something is supposed to slide into place when the starter fires. i.e when you push the electric start button, perhaps the starter clutch should slide along the armature and mesh with the idler. ..or not? I'm not stating this as fact, it is just the image I had of things in my head.

lou984

• Training Wheels
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 09:31:59 AM »

After doing some more digging on the net, iíve Found the part I need. Yay. Donít understand why you would remove such a part or have it replaced if it was worn. Iím still waiting for the log book to come through. And canít see the history of it yet but from what iíve Checked so far itís been well maintained since 2001 with only 2016 the mot ran out. Iíve order a Haynes manual just to give me a better idea of what it should look like. Hopefully I wonít find anymore more siding parts and good to go when I pass my cbt. Now to source the fork seals...... new front tyre. Could be worse.. 😆

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 09:42:51 AM »

Workshop manual:

http://hyosung.hu/download/pdf/data/service-manual/GAF125%20service%20manual.rar

There's a bunch of parts suppliers for Hyosungs.

hyosungwholesale.com
koreanbikeparts.com
hyosungsource.com
whygostock.com

There's more, but they don't spring to mind. One of these should have the fork seals. If not, message forum member OLEG. He's got reliable supply of the custom and obscure.

lou984

• Training Wheels
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 09:29:04 AM »

Fork seals sorted, now after receiving the starter idle found out the gear sprag is missing. So now on the hunt for a tool to remove the flywheel/magneto, found a 6 in 1 tool, but trying to find the shaft measurement is hard

Pages: [1]