• November 22, 2017, 12:03:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: indicators left on  (Read 186 times)

spit051261

• Regular rider
indicators left on
« on: November 06, 2017, 10:44:57 AM »

Hi all ,
Don't know about you guys but I am forever leaving the indicators on . Most likely due to not auto cancelling like a car or not making any sound .
Anyway , been thinking about mounting an LED just above the headlight on the "wind shield" if you can call it that on my 650GT . It would be mounted low down so all you would see would be the reflection but it would be clearly visible and annoying which is what you want .
All it would take is an LED , say a nice green one , a couple of diodes and loop it off the front indicators . Pretty basic circuit which would work .
Any thoughts ?
Thinking about putting it way down on the "windshield" at the bottom just where you can see light at the bottom above the digital display .
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:33:32 AM by spit051261 »

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: indicators left on
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 07:54:00 PM »

Harley's have auto-cancelling indicators. I wonder how they do it?

The LED idea seems straight forward enough. Personally, pressing the cancel button is almost an OCD fixation for me while I ride. Every few hundred meters or so I press the damn thing lol. Every so often I miss and scare myself with the horn.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

spit051261

• Regular rider
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 03:12:03 AM »

Speed gain off the speedo  :)

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:41:23 AM »

Personally, pressing the cancel button is almost an OCD fixation for me while I ride. Every few hundred meters or so I press the damn thing lol. Every so often I miss and scare myself with the horn.

This is exactly what I do. Im so glad I'm not the only one with this OCD.

spit051261

• Regular rider
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 12:00:02 PM »

That OCD could save your life one day with the high class of car drivers we have on the roads .

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 09:03:36 AM »

All hyos already have turn signal lights on the dash.
If you can't take notice of those then adding an additional one wont help.
Adding a buzzer also won't help because you wont hear it whilst riding and it will be damned annoying when stationary.

Habit is all you need. Just get into the habit of pressing the button in after every turn.

PS. It is surprising how many riders don't know that to switch your turn signals off you press the button IN, rather than attempting to slide it back to centre.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 09:17:59 AM »

PS. It is surprising how many riders don't know that to switch your turn signals off you press the button IN, rather than attempting to slide it back to centre.

My brothers DT has a metal slide switch, which you have to move back to cancel. Takes some getting used to  ;D.

albertinhouston

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 02:21:09 PM »

Personally, pressing the cancel button is almost an OCD fixation for me while I ride. Every few hundred meters or so I press the damn thing lol. Every so often I miss and scare myself with the horn.

This is exactly what I do. Im so glad I'm not the only one with this OCD.

That makes 3

cruiser13

• Learner rider
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 02:09:34 PM »

All hyos already have turn signal lights on the dash.
If you can't take notice of those then adding an additional one wont help.
Adding a buzzer also won't help because you wont hear it whilst riding and it will be damned annoying when stationary.

Habit is all you need. Just get into the habit of pressing the button in after every turn.

Actually adding a buzzer will be helpful.I say this coz I too forget to switch off the ind lights but never forget on my wife's scooter which has a buzzer. Will see if I can post a wiring diagram for the buzzer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]