• November 19, 2017, 09:28:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: more members needed  (Read 491 times)

spit051261

• Regular rider
more members needed
« on: November 06, 2017, 11:40:20 AM »

This is the ultimate HYOSUNG forum so it seems strange that we don't seem to have many members or at least members taking part in the forum .
I think you guys need to start advertising this place and start pushing to get new members .
If you just leave it as it is , eventually you will have no one here .
I found out about this place by searching myself but it would have been much easier if the name "HYOSUNG" was associated with Korider in a bigger and better way . I don't have the answers but surely we need to start advertising ?
Sometimes when I check to see who is online , I see 2 or 3 members . Surely there are more owners than that in the world ?
I think it is one great forum but more members would not go amiss .
Paul
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:42:54 AM by spit051261 »

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

albertinhouston

• Scraping the pegs
Re: more members needed
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 02:25:45 PM »

I have told 3 different people in the last month. Not one has signed up.
IMHO it is the what the hyo bike is to them...
1) It's a entry level bike learning bike because it's all they can afford.
2) it's a disposable bike with intentions of a short term use( buy it to drop it a few times then get rid of)  They move to the upgrade after that( big 4 Jap bike)

spit051261

• Regular rider
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 02:44:06 PM »

I agree 100% but while they have the bike you would have thought they would like to chat to fellow owners and get cheap fixes for their bikes .
I bought the bike for the same reasons you are saying but I find I really like the bike and although I will probably get a big Jap bike soon , I honestly think I will probably keep the Hyosung . Other than niggly electrical problems , I think the bike is well built and very underrated . If you are good with your hands and understand basic mechanics , you will have no trouble .
It is also nice looking beast , especially my 650GTS .
PS I intend going to have a look at some Suzuki bikes soon at a dealership and they also have Hyosungs , I will probably give our forum a mention and that is all it could take .
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 02:46:27 PM by spit051261 »

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 03:01:55 PM »

I think many people only log on to get help, or when they need help, with their Hyosung. Just check the "unread posts since last visit" next time you log on - 90% or more are HELP messages.

Common identifiable (admittedly fixable) problems do stop many people fully engaging with Hyosung bikes, and if you don't feel proud of your bike, you ain't going to be interested in chatting about it.

I loved mine, and tried to get a lot of chatty posts going, but it's gone and I have a Honda now.......although I still stick my nose in occasionally!!

spit051261

• Regular rider
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 04:51:52 PM »

Probably right .
It is called snobbery as far as our bikes are concerned but who cares and I certainly don't .
Ah well , we can but try .

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 07:48:05 PM »

When I joined, the forum in 2010 it was already kind of declining. The original members mostly had already moved on.

It's sort of ownership driven really. The more people that buy a Hyo, the more people that join the forum.

There's really nowhere else with even close to as much information on these bikes as this forum, so when people go searching, this is where they normally land.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

albertinhouston

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 11:26:39 PM »

I'm guessing you have behind the scene insight.... can you see active members compared the years past?

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 02:02:37 AM »

If I do, I've no idea how to use it..  ;D
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

albertinhouston

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 05:26:59 AM »

All i know is most people must be using work internet. Weekends are dead around here. ;-)

spit051261

• Regular rider
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 07:26:20 AM »

Or they are too busy out on the lash with their mates and chasing skirt .

Pages: [1] 2 3