• November 22, 2017, 12:01:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: more members needed  (Read 540 times)

linuxyeti

• Training Wheels
Re: more members needed
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 07:28:22 AM »

Hi, I agree, that it's down to the number of owners. I don't post very often, having only got my first Hyosung, an ST7, earlier this year. Aside from adding a screen & sissy bar, the bike is pretty much stock, so, no real mods to shout about. I've not had any electrical or mechanical probs, so far. I do really like the bike though, but I'm not sure posting about trips between Manchester & Wolverhampton, are all that interesting to people !! :-) Perhaps I'll post more, but, now that the gritters have come out to play here, I'll be most probably be riding one of my chinese bikes more often, until the gritter are sent back to bed !!

I think, the problem lies more in the dearth of new models, or even news from Hyosung, where are the Euro4 compliant bikes, and, then close on Euro 4 heals, where's the Euro 5 bikes? I'd love an electric powered version of the ST7, now that would be special.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 10:38:27 AM »

The admin of this forum is also ignoring it. I've got in contact several times and tried to bring it into the 21st century but nothing came back of it.

The push has to start from the top. I also do not think people want to come to a site to trawl a crappy looking forum. They want an article list based on their bike (a guides section if you like), if it had this you would not see a million posts about how shitty the electrical system is on this bike and how to fix it where DBM and Hylife have to repost the same stuff over and over.

This site has been left to rot so why would anyone want to come to it other than when they are desperate for help? I've helped more members via whatsapp that found me on here than on the forum itself.

spit051261

• Regular rider
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 11:58:23 AM »

Agree about the change has to come from the top to attract more members .
As you say , if they can't get more members participating in the forum , the future does not look good.
It could be so much better and that is a shame .

cruiser13

• Learner rider
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 12:40:10 PM »

Hi, I agree, that it's down to the number of owners. I don't post very often, having only got my first Hyosung, an ST7, earlier this year. Aside from adding a screen & sissy bar, the bike is pretty much stock, so, no real mods to shout about. I've not had any electrical or mechanical probs, so far. I do really like the bike though, but I'm not sure posting about trips between Manchester & Wolverhampton, are all that interesting to people !! :-) Perhaps I'll post more, but, now that the gritters have come out to play here, I'll be most probably be riding one of my chinese bikes more often, until the gritter are sent back to bed !!

I think, the problem lies more in the dearth of new models, or even news from Hyosung, where are the Euro4 compliant bikes, and, then close on Euro 4 heals, where's the Euro 5 bikes? I'd love an electric powered version of the ST7, now that would be special.
I love my 5 yr old ST7 to death..The only mod done has been the mosfet RR.
If they did come out with a good electric version, I wud buy it in a heartbeat!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 02:53:13 PM »

Hmmm, I like this forum, even although I no longer have my Hyo - I think you are being a bit hard on the system, the Honda forum I am on is much the same format, but I think it is more informal because people have less need to ask for help, and so spend more time posting photos and talking about their bikes......

linuxyeti

• Training Wheels
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 05:13:32 PM »

If they did come out with a good electric version, I wud buy it in a heartbeat!!

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but the Mosfet RR, would that be ..

http://www.electrosport.com/street-bikes/hyosung/gt650-gt650s-gt650r-2/regulatorrectifier-hyosung.html

cruiser13

• Learner rider
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 05:28:29 PM »

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but the Mosfet RR, would that be ..

http://www.electrosport.com/street-bikes/hyosung/gt650-gt650s-gt650r-2/regulatorrectifier-hyosung.html
No thats not the one. This is the one.http://roadstercycle.com/Shindengen%20Mosfet%20Regulator%20about.htm

linuxyeti

• Training Wheels
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 05:36:25 PM »

Ahh, thankyou

cruiser13

• Learner rider
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 05:56:45 PM »

Ahh, thankyou
Welcome.

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2017, 10:04:30 AM »

Hmmm, I like this forum, even although I no longer have my Hyo - I think you are being a bit hard on the system, the Honda forum I am on is much the same format, but I think it is more informal because people have less need to ask for help, and so spend more time posting photos and talking about their bikes......

I love the discussions. I'm not a big fan of the forum product SMF. To have a successfull site you cannot just add a few mods and run away. The current forum is already outdated, there is no encryption of our data and using adverts to generate revenue on something like this is just a waste. It will never (in its current state) generate enough traffic to warrant the use and only ends up annoying end users more. Simpler to let it be funded by its members. There is no real article system or guides, the list goes on.

There is so much more potential with Hyosung's lack of real support that this site isnt harnessing. I've often thought about starting my own but it would only be poaching content and members to start with and TBH, I wouldnt like to think someone did that to me so I'm not prepared to do it here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3