• August 20, 2018, 07:53:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: more members needed  (Read 3030 times)

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
Re: more members needed
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2017, 11:11:20 AM »

The mods seem rather quiet .

Also , can people stop hijacking this discussion for their own purposes . Start your own discussion >:(
Can the mods delete any posts here that have nothing to do with this or least move them please ? This is a serious discussion . I can also start posting absolute shite on your posts if you like ?
You know who you are so please stop .
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:12:56 AM by spit051261 »
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2017, 11:33:25 AM »

I tend to be a more moderate moderator. Is that a thing? ..If not, it is now.  ;D

I don't censor posts. Even those that I strongly disagree with. I don't think I have ever seen a mod here remove a post unless it's really inappropriate. Certainly going off topic is not something I am likely to consider intervention for. Sensitive topics, like politics, religion or anything else likely to polarise, I would refer to 'The Abyss', but unless it's a complete train wreck, I am only going to suggest that the discussion be taken there.

So in effect, I am really not a mod at all. I make no decisions as such. Broadly, I accept that we're all adults and that we have opinions that are our own. I am in no way associated with the sale or repair of Hyosung bikes, nor am I in any way qualified. No one is required to agree with me and I am not here to alter anyone's opinion on anything. I will state my case and you can take it, or leave it. Conversely, I will read any intelligent post and try to keep an open mind.

I welcome all. I try not to be prejudiced. With that said, I am human and flawed. I am short sometimes and I am not going to apologise for it. If I think you're an unredeemable knob, I will tell you so, but likely you would have worked pretty hard to get to that point in the first place.

Hello, I guess.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2017, 11:53:57 AM »

I understand completely .
I hope I am not coming across as someone who is having a go at this forum . I really like this place and I am just asking questions to try to make it a better place for everyone . I am just worried if we don't get more members participating , there will nobody left to talk about the bikes we love .
Hope you understand  :)
I hope I am not the  "unredeemable knob"  you are referring to  ;)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:56:58 AM by spit051261 »

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2017, 12:10:10 PM »

Nope!

If you were, I would have told you so ;)

I agree with you that more members is a good thing, but as I said before. I believe that it's largely sales driven.. Nothing the forum does will really have a big effect.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2017, 12:41:02 PM »

A change could be made when I see 2 users and about 18 guests visiting here sometimes  .
Must be some way to tempt them into joining and participating .

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2017, 01:13:35 PM »

A change could be made when I see 2 users and about 18 guests visiting here sometimes  .
Must be some way to tempt them into joining and participating .

The majority of those will be bots trawling the site content. Those that are not are able to see most of the threads as members of the public which is a great idea. The only real need to register is when the fixes on here do not work for you.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 01:56:43 PM »

Could be right about the bots .
I still think we should be tempting any future members to come and join us .
The registration is not a hard process so I honestly do not have the answer and I wish I did .
All I know is that this is a great place and if future members spent at least 5 minutes chatting with us , they would see the same .
How about researching other forums , we have nothing to lose . I am just saying , lets do something.
If I did not like this place so much , I would not worry and just sit back like most people here do .

cruiser13

• Learner rider
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 02:19:35 PM »

Could be right about the bots .
I still think we should be tempting any future members to come and join us .
The registration is not a hard process so I honestly do not have the answer and I wish I did .
All I know is that this is a great place and if future members spent at least 5 minutes chatting with us , they would see the same .
How about researching other forums , we have nothing to lose . I am just saying , lets do something.
If I did not like this place so much , I would not worry and just sit back like most people here do .
I for one actually make it a point to stop guys on hyosungs, have a chat  and make them aware of the forum..You can take the camel to the water but you cannot make it drink....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 02:44:39 PM »

All we can do is try .
Whatever happens then , is in the hands of someone else .
Edit . maybe https might help . You don't see many insecure websites these days .
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 04:42:17 PM by spit051261 »

stigger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2017, 04:53:10 AM »

This has all been brought up in the past an no one wants to do the work, they say they will but in the end they don't.

The forum is quite busy at the moment, I've seen it much quieter.

As for discussion, as the bikes haven't changed in years most of the issues have been hammered out already and the brake fix from 2008 is still the fix for today.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6