• April 21, 2018, 03:05:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Which brand is your favorite armored motorcycle gear?  (Read 349 times)

Andrew Lynn

• Training Wheels
  • Resurgence Gear
    • Resurgence Gear Australasia
Which brand is your favorite armored motorcycle gear?
« on: November 08, 2017, 07:36:52 AM »

Hey Riders, which brand you prefer for armored jackets and jeans?
"The skin looks good left on our body than left on the road!!"

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Christmas

• Regular rider
Re: Which brand is your favorite armored motorcycle gear?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 07:50:53 AM »

I've never had a problem with DriRider for textiles. Alpinestars are great for leathers. I have no experience with leathers personally, but all of my mates rate Alpinestars leathers and if they're anything like their boots, which I do have, then they will be excellent.

As a side note, most textile jackets come with some shitty back and shoulder armour in foam, I always swap these out for the D3O equivalents.

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 11:59:07 AM »

Draggin for Kevlar jeans
ALDI annual sale for Leather Jackets
Rossi for boots
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

bazzabear

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 12:05:46 AM »

Took a tumble a couple of years back ( Aug 2014 to be exact ) ....... was wearing Arlen Ness textiles and A/stars gloves at the time .

High-sided my Kwak ZX9R in a left hand bend ( bike was written off by insurance  :'( :'( ) .

The Arlen Ness textiles were great ....... the only damage to them in the crash ( after the initial impact , I slid across the road - which in the UK means across the opposite carriageway - and ended up on my back on a grass verge ) , was a small hole in the flap of the side pocket on my pants and the zip which fastens the jacket and pants together was mangled ( the actual toggle part of the fastener , the toothed part of the zip remained intact and fastened ) . There were a couple of other scuff marks but no other holes / rips etc. so I was well impressed  8) 8)

Not so impressed by the paramedics though as textiles are not scissor resistant  :'( , because I had broken some ribs and my collarbone , the medics cut my jacket off so it was most definitely ruined  ;)

The gloves too were excellent .... the stitching was still intact , there were no holes in the leather but the carbon knuckle protectors were wrecked ( the left hand had worn through while the right was just badly scuffed ) .... however , my hands were , or my skin more importantly , untouched by the UK tarmac ... just a couple of bruises on my thumbs ( not sure if it was where I put my hands out to break my fall or whether the bars did it when they flicked over from left to right ....... I was going round a left bend , a bit too quick to be fair , at almost full lean then next second the bike stands up and launches me over the right hand side with the bars going lock to lock  ) .

Can't recommend those items of gear highly enough to be honest ....... all I can say is that I have replaced them with EXACTLY the same stuff  ;)

Arlen Ness Dominator 2 jacket
Arlen Ness Hakan pants
Alpinestars Polar Goretex gloves

Was wearing Spada Hurricane boots too which were virtually untouched and are still in use  8)

Bazza

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 11:09:54 AM »

RST stuff is pretty good, and sensibly priced!!

Pages: [1]