• September 22, 2018, 07:42:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FI light turning on during riding whilst killing my throttle  (Read 263 times)

chickenmanic

• Training Wheels
FI light turning on during riding whilst killing my throttle
« on: November 14, 2017, 05:23:12 PM »

Hi all, first time posting.
I have just finished with my charging problems by installing a new stator and regulator to my 2015 gt650r.
ever since then i have had the FI come on during my rides most of the time now and the time between them seems to be increasing which is slightly worrying but not proven yet, but the other scary thing is this is mainly happening when im trying to accelerate or hold my speed.
it goes back to idle and i lose all ability to use the throttle for a few seconds.

i hope this is enough info for everyone.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
Re: FI light turning on during riding whilst killing my throttle
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 05:44:09 PM »

ECU is sensing a fault and putting bike into limp mode to protect engine .
Any codes coming up ?
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 09:34:33 PM »

If it's only started happening since the stator was replaced, then I would suspect a problem with the connection of the crank position sensor.

The stator and crank position sensor are a pair. You can't replace one without the other. My guess is that the connection is loose. It's a two pin plug with a blue and a green wire. It will be on the left side of the bike, under the rear duck tail, near the reg/rec.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 09:12:57 AM »

You could crank it over and see if you are getting any output from the sensor . I would have thought you should get at least 1 volt worth of pulses off it .
It should be throwing a code if it is failing  and it would certainly seem like a fuel issue if it was . Engine would cut power , probably not stop but just keep ticking along .
With the problem you have , sounds intermittent which could also point to a wiring problem and not necessarily a sensor fault .
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:17:50 AM by spit051261 »
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 06:01:38 AM »

Low voltages will result in random FI errors.

I suspect your new RR is not supplying sufficient volts to your battery, UNLESS, you also ran the mandatory duplicate set of good quality wires directly from the RR output to the battery terminals using a 30amp circuit breaker, and the obligatory additional earth strap from the battery negative to the bike frame.

The OEM RR has been deliberately designed to have an output of approx. 15.5 volts DC because the cheap sh!t OEM wiring harness uses undersized wires which results in a nearly 1 volt drop.
Your new RR probably is doing exactly what it is supposed to and is putting out 14.4 volts, and on a quality wiring harness this would be perfect, but on a Hyosung by the time this is getting to the battery via the cr@p OEM wiring loom this will be closer to 13.5 volts and this is simply not enough to reliably charge your battery, OR, to keep the sensor inputs to the ECU stable.

PS.
The crank sensor is the pickup coil used for the ECU/CDI ignition timing. If this were faulty you would not have a running engine.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 06:04:29 AM by Hylife »
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

Pages: [1]