• January 17, 2018, 09:21:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hyosung And Euro 4  (Read 1093 times)

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
Hyosung And Euro 4
« on: December 24, 2017, 09:59:40 PM »

So, Hyosung told our dealer that they're working on Euro 4, and when they're done our region's regulations will be a simple matter. Which gave me hopes of seeing the new models that we saw at EICMA soon.

However this made me wonder, is the GD250/R Euro 4 compliant? Or do they need to work on that poor thing as well?

They might as well make them Euro 5 since it will come in two years.
Climb the ladder of success!

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
Re: Hyosung And Euro 4
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 11:06:10 PM »

Hyosung UK website says GD250 is only Euro 3......that's if they are making at all....... :o

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 11:14:07 PM »

Too bad, are they selling anything in Europe at the moment? These regulations are confusing to me, first I thought that by January first 2018 no single Euro 3 bike is allowed to be sold, but today I read an article on MCN that it was 2017, but I think there still are Euro 3 bikes being sold? Very confusing. Very meaningless too. It made me also wonder if one day manufacturers would just give up on selling bikes in Europe, or just sell electric and small commuter bikes.

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 01:33:53 PM »

I think there is some overlap, and if bikes are pre-registered (in dealers name) they can probably still sell them - no dealers in Scotland, but still some listing new bikes in England.....

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 03:07:58 PM »

Well, I for one hope they bring out the bikes as they showed them in EICMA and only work on the engines, so I can buy the lighter wheels and the rear hugger for my bike!

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 11:11:27 AM »

Some interesting info from an article on Bennetts Social website -

"Officially, all motorcycles sold in Europe should have been meeting the latest rules since 1st January 2017. These rules are often referred to as ‘Euro4’, although that emissions limit is actually just a portion of EU Regulation 168/2013, which also covers a range of other aspects of the design and construction of bikes. However, the end-of-series rules allow limited numbers of non-compliant machines to be sold for up to two years, if their makers apply for such an extension. That two year period of grace comes to an end on 31st December 2018. "

That could explain the new unchanged Hyo's for sale in the UK......and they have another year to go....

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 09:18:11 PM »

Yes! That was what I was confused about, I knew about the start of January, but thought maybe I was mistaken and it's 2018 not 2017, but I recall the grace period which may have confused me. I thought it ends by January first.

Well it seems Hyosung will be taking this year seriously since the GV250DR and GV125S are supposedly Euro 4.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 08:01:53 AM »

I’ll believe it if I see it, which we won’t.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

linuxyeti

• Learner rider
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 09:42:31 AM »

The GV250DR, is, or at least will be, they are manufactured by Qingqi, as for the 125's I don't know, but you would have thought so, as it's a diminishing market for non euro4 compliant, or equivalent, bikes due to regulations gradually being tightened everywhere. Having said that, it's only 12 years before Germany bans the sale of new petrol & diesel vehicles !!!

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 12:07:41 PM »

Yeah - Scotland wants a ban in 2032, ahead of UK in 2040 - 14 years to enjoy our bikes..... :(

Pages: [1] 2 3