• January 19, 2018, 10:05:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Greetings from Hervey Bay  (Read 120 times)

DamoOnTwo

• Training Wheels
Greetings from Hervey Bay
« on: December 25, 2017, 09:50:58 AM »

G'day all, just bought a 2010 Hyosung GV250 with the main objective being learning more about bikes and giving me a project.
One thing I am curious about is the regulator/rectifier as I had to replace a battery on the 4 hour ride home from picking it up, and I knew that this could be an issue but not on the first day. I am unsure as to which brand to buy as I don't want to buy an exact same one with the same issue.
I do have a lot of plans and hopefully I can do it.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Greetings from Hervey Bay
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 12:16:49 PM »

G'day Damo,

Three thoughts:

1. Yup, sounds like the reg/rec. Even on day one. Was probably the reason the other guy got fed up with it and sold it.

2. The Shindengen FH020AA is a good reg/rec. You can pay more for a reg/rec, but you can't get a better reg/rec. Check out roadstercycle.com if you want to buy it new, or the Yamaha R1's feature that model if you prefer to go 2nd hand. If you guy a 2nd hand unit, make sure you get the connectors as well. That will mean cutting the Yamaha loom, something not all wreckers will allow.

3. The wiring matters as much, if not more than the reg/rec. In fact the failure of the reg/rec is a symptom of the underspec wiring in the loom. Especially the earth wiring.

If you decide to proceed, let us know and I'll let you know how to wire it up.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pages: [1]