• April 21, 2018, 06:02:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Front wheel size  (Read 287 times)

Obaking

• Training Wheels
Front wheel size
« on: January 11, 2018, 10:00:47 AM »

Hey guys. This is my first post but have been a member for more than a year now. Ok, last weekend i went to the shop to fit in new tyres for Lucille. I was suprised to be told that the front wheel size is an unpopular size (120/70-18) so the shop didn't have stock on that tyre. So i ended up fitting only the rear wheel tyre- it was badly worn out. I wannad to fit the exact tyres the bike came with - Battlax BT54s. What i didnt like was the fact that prior to going to that shop i enquired with them if they have the tires in the specific sizes and was informed that they were available. was even given the quote of R2150.00 including fitment and balancing for R100. So i had to ride 150kms to just fit just one tire for R1500+. So, from you guys, do you experience any problems with the front wheel size? I was told the 17" is the popular size- was even told by the guy at the shop that if he maybe fit 2 18" in a year, that how unpopular this size is. By the would the GT650 front wheel fit in the Gv650, just to make thing easier for me in future as i was even told that the 18" doesnt have  combo prices. Kind Regards all the way from South Africa.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Funky_Munky

• Regular rider
Re: Front wheel size
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 08:16:56 PM »

I am having exactly the same thoughts about fitting the GT front wheel as the 17" tire is a lot cheaper as it is a common sports bike size. I wonder if it would upset the handling or my insurance company.

albertinhouston

• Scraping the pegs
Re: Front wheel size
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 02:39:36 PM »

couple of thoughts....
you will have 2 different wheel patterns. it will certainly work though. you could ad a gt 650 rear wheel but the width will be narrower. :-(
there will be a bigger gap between the  wheel and fender.

SV 650 / bandits / katana have a similar wheel, in looks, to the gv rear. BUT! it's prob. not a direct swap.

Pages: [1]