• September 25, 2018, 02:11:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: 2013 GT650R  (Read 5902 times)

madhatter

• Regular rider
Re: 2013 GT650R
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 07:55:01 AM »

Just buy some pre-mixed coolant from an automotive store . Anything with ethylene glycol in it should be fine .
Any auto coolant will be fine . Coolant is coolant . It's obviously a bit different for engine oil where bike specific oil is recommended.
You can even buy neat coolant and mix it yourself with distilled water (not tap water).

I bought it and everything went thru perfectly fine, bike actually runs smoother after doing that and the oil change. Very happy, bike doesn't even vibrate anymore, it used to be so bad before, thanks for the help guys, will stick and lurk to the forums and see what everyones up to and post pictures along with you all!
Ride safe boys.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 11:27:47 AM »

Just buy some pre-mixed coolant from an automotive store . Anything with ethylene glycol in it should be fine .
Any auto coolant will be fine . Coolant is coolant . It's obviously a bit different for engine oil where bike specific oil is recommended.
You can even buy neat coolant and mix it yourself with distilled water (not tap water).

I bought it and everything went thru perfectly fine, bike actually runs smoother after doing that and the oil change. Very happy, bike doesn't even vibrate anymore, it used to be so bad before, thanks for the help guys, will stick and lurk to the forums and see what everyones up to and post pictures along with you all!
Ride safe boys.
Nice one  ;)
We need to see pictures .
You will get a lot of help here as well as a good chat about our bikes .
Stick to the 650 part of the forum and you won't go wrong .
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

madhatter

• Regular rider
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 09:31:13 AM »

Ride safe boys.
Nice one  ;)
We need to see pictures .
You will get a lot of help here as well as a good chat about our bikes .
Stick to the 650 part of the forum and you won't go wrong .

Here's my GT650R 2013 :p

madhatter

• Regular rider
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 09:32:10 AM »

Man oh man, my bike has never ran so smooth before, it's never been so fast, the bike not even close to hot anymore it's on point, so glad my oil is golden now instead of black lolol Synthetic beats semi-synthetic, I believe it does make a huge difference.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 11:01:21 AM »

Looks very nice  8)
Glad you have it running nice and smooth .
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

madhatter

• Regular rider
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 08:22:24 PM »

Needing some help guys, I was ****ing with my clutch cable and I seem to of burned my clutch out? unaware of what exactly happened but, my bike was revving in high rpms while moving and i lost speed slowly and then it just wouldn't accelerate anymore, clutch does not have any friction to even move forward. and wouldn't move when in gear or stall when I let go of the clutch lever.

Any ideas of what this could be and what to order? appreciated.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 08:54:12 PM »

madhatter,

Did you use motorcycle specific oil, or car oil?

Motorcycle specific oil has friction modifiers designed so that wet clutches do not lose their friction when bathed in oil. Almost all motorcycles use a 'wet clutch' design, where the clutch plates are bathed in oil. Obviously, an oily clutch is a slippery clutch. You need to be using the correct oil, or your clutch will slip.

That said, it does sound like the clutch is utterly naffed now. Replacement is probably going to be required.

You will need this:

https://www.hyosungsource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=225&zenid=lh6ai2nvk4na0i978vr2o53920

and also this:

https://www.hyosungsource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1109&zenid=lh6ai2nvk4na0i978vr2o53920

Alternatively, there is also a premium aftermarket one, which might even be cheaper.

http://www.whygostock.com/hyosung-ebc-race-clutch-kit/

Instructions for fitting the clutch are pretty easy. If you decide to to it yourself, let us know and we can guide you.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

madhatter

• Regular rider
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 09:52:04 PM »

madhatter,

Did you use motorcycle specific oil, or car oil?

Motorcycle specific oil has friction modifiers designed so that wet clutches do not lose their friction when bathed in oil. Almost all motorcycles use a 'wet clutch' design, where the clutch plates are bathed in oil. Obviously, an oily clutch is a slippery clutch. You need to be using the correct oil, or your clutch will slip.

That said, it does sound like the clutch is utterly naffed now. Replacement is probably going to be required.

You will need this:

https://www.hyosungsource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=225&zenid=lh6ai2nvk4na0i978vr2o53920

and also this:

https://www.hyosungsource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1109&zenid=lh6ai2nvk4na0i978vr2o53920

Alternatively, there is also a premium aftermarket one, which might even be cheaper.

http://www.whygostock.com/hyosung-ebc-race-clutch-kit/

Instructions for fitting the clutch are pretty easy. If you decide to to it yourself, let us know and we can guide you.

I used 10w-40 motorcycle oil castrol fully synthetic, so I should order both of those and those do fit for my specific bike ?

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2018, 12:46:39 AM »

I'd suggest taking the clutch plates out first to make sure you need to replace them.

Sorry to hear about the issue, but I'd like to say, you've got good taste  ;)

I'm not a fan of bar end mirrors as sometimes I notice cars behind me without looking at the mirrors and that's not possible with the bar ends, but since you went with them you should check out XRT, they make block off plates for our bikes, I couldn't find it online in a quick search but I've seen them on a bike a few years ago at the dealer.
Climb the ladder of success!

madhatter

• Regular rider
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 01:15:53 AM »

I'd suggest taking the clutch plates out first to make sure you need to replace them.

Sorry to hear about the issue, but I'd like to say, you've got good taste  ;)

I'm not a fan of bar end mirrors as sometimes I notice cars behind me without looking at the mirrors and that's not possible with the bar ends, but since you went with them you should check out XRT, they make block off plates for our bikes, I couldn't find it online in a quick search but I've seen them on a bike a few years ago at the dealer.
Thanks bro and that's funny man, I actually changed my mirrors I hated those, I got the OEM ones for the front windshield its perfect

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24