• August 22, 2018, 03:07:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: 2013 GT650R  (Read 5721 times)

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Re: 2013 GT650R
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2018, 05:10:03 AM »

Can anyone assist in linking me to a replace bulb thats LED for my 2013 gt650r
no idea what fits inside these both

You will have to double check this, as this applies to the earlier headlamp but i believe its the same with the newer one just different shape. The low beam bottom is H3 and the high beam top is H1.
You can get led globes for these and they are vastly better than the halogens, however they do not fit in easy at all.
Be prepared to take that headlamp assembly apart to get them in if you cannot fit them in from behind (there is 0 clearance basically one the led is in).
The halos are freaking awesome, i use these as my parkers with no parker globe installed anymore. Again disassembly of the headlamp, and removing the inner reflector and be prepared with patience, rags to clean up the mess and careful application of a clear 5 min epoxy to get the halos to stick to the reflector in the right spot.

The led globes whilst great, do not solve the problem of shit reflectors.
I've just ordered a new projector for the upper beam that will replace my low beam with a much higher quality unit. The new projector is Bi-Xenon which will act as a low and high beam. Meaning i can use my lower projector that was the old low beam as a small driving lamp / fog lamp that illuminates everything up close for me within a 10-15m distance.

These mods ain't for the faint of heart.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

madhatter

• Regular rider
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2018, 06:16:33 AM »

"Us americans are a lot different then you foreigners  8)"

No argument there from me , you are spot on ;)

I just thought of a good analogy for your engine change and analogies are the in thing at the moment with certain people using them to try to make other people look like numpties (I would never do that BTW  :)))
Changing your engine because the clutch was naffed is akin to buying a new pair of shoes because you couldn't be arsed changing the laces  ;D

Like I said man, It wasn't just the clutch, it was a bunch of other things I just forgot lol, and a professional mechanic went thru it all and specifically told me it's pointless to buy a new clutch kit and the engine would eventually seize up within >2k miles..

madhatter

• Regular rider
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2018, 06:17:02 AM »

Can anyone assist in linking me to a replace bulb thats LED for my 2013 gt650r
no idea what fits inside these both

You will have to double check this, as this applies to the earlier headlamp but i believe its the same with the newer one just different shape. The low beam bottom is H3 and the high beam top is H1.
You can get led globes for these and they are vastly better than the halogens, however they do not fit in easy at all.
Be prepared to take that headlamp assembly apart to get them in if you cannot fit them in from behind (there is 0 clearance basically one the led is in).
The halos are freaking awesome, i use these as my parkers with no parker globe installed anymore. Again disassembly of the headlamp, and removing the inner reflector and be prepared with patience, rags to clean up the mess and careful application of a clear 5 min epoxy to get the halos to stick to the reflector in the right spot.

The led globes whilst great, do not solve the problem of shit reflectors.
I've just ordered a new projector for the upper beam that will replace my low beam with a much higher quality unit. The new projector is Bi-Xenon which will act as a low and high beam. Meaning i can use my lower projector that was the old low beam as a small driving lamp / fog lamp that illuminates everything up close for me within a 10-15m distance.

These mods ain't for the faint of heart.

I will personally give it a try, I would prefer the LEDs

madhatter

• Regular rider
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2018, 01:48:23 AM »

Just got my engine in today!

madhatter

• Regular rider
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2018, 07:00:11 AM »

Getting it installed, should be done by next thursday.

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2018, 07:52:49 AM »

looks clean as

madhatter

• Regular rider
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2018, 11:50:17 PM »

$1030 icluding labor, oil, coolant, fork seals/oil, rectifier, gaskets.

Not even worried about it, excited as f%ck
Called me earlier telling me he put the new engine in and it started fine.

madhatter

• Regular rider
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2018, 04:13:54 AM »

Bike completed and picked up this morning, bike is running so smooth, anyone have any idea where I can find a aftermarket speedometer or an OEM for cheap? that will work with my bike 100%

madhatter

• Regular rider
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2018, 04:40:11 AM »

Any reasons to why when I turn my bike on it'll start and a min in it'll bog off but I'll turn it back on and then sometimes it bogs off but doesn't and rides perfectly, anything to check into?

Anyway to see how I can get my speedometer to work? I can't tell how fast I am going or my rpms lol
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 06:27:21 AM by madhatter »

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2018, 07:12:14 AM »

Any reasons to why when I turn my bike on it'll start and a min in it'll bog off but I'll turn it back on and then sometimes it bogs off but doesn't and rides perfectly, anything to check into?

Anyway to see how I can get my speedometer to work? I can't tell how fast I am going or my rpms lol
Might help if you wrote (typed) your question in English so people could understand the question .
What does "bog off" mean ?  :o
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 07:15:52 AM by spit051261 »
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24