• April 21, 2018, 06:11:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: My 2010 GT650R + Some Mods + Back Story  (Read 3304 times)

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Re: My 2010 GT650R + Some Mods + Back Story
« Reply #200 on: April 14, 2018, 10:16:28 AM »

Naa, its more advanced being that like my gt550, its shaft drive :-D

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2018, 04:09:43 AM »

So i did a quick tinker today after fixing other things, Took the intake boots off, they are fubar to a point, the outer rubber shell is all cracked everywhere, the inner shell that goes on the carb is ok atm but just. Also the o-ring on the front cylinder was ok, the rear was split and squashed not even sitting in the groove.

Now i remember why i hate yamaha, $90 per in-take boot + $23 per O-ring, yes thats right $23 for a damn O-ring and you gotta buy 2, you could get them made from gold cheaper.

Anyway spitty and my favorite source comes into play, AliExpress $20 new intake boot set including o-rings.

spit051261

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2018, 09:20:07 AM »

Aliexpress  ;D
They don't half sell some shite but it's cheap shite and does the trick  ;)
2010  GT650EFI  in black.
2010  GT650R     in red

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #203 on: Today at 02:42:57 AM »

So this week, i put new o-rings on the carb manifolds whilst waiting for new manifolds to arrive. I also changed the plugs and took the carbies out and cleaned them, repaired one of the cv diaphragms and sorted the idle mixture screws out. Put it all back together and ........

Damn the xv1100 is one bad ass bike, so different to what it was running like when i picked it up, its got a TON more power now and that torque is unreal. Even tho its on par with the unrestricted gt650r power wise, the torque is phenomenal compared to the GT.

It kinda makes me wanna get rid of the GT. But there is so many things still to do on the XV to clean it up where i'm happy.
So along with my other bikes, its gonna take some time to sort them. Other thing too is i'm gonna wait till next year to register the XV, as i can get club/historic rego then which is bucket loads cheaper.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]