• November 18, 2018, 01:04:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Harley's ?  (Read 955 times)

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Re: Harley's ?
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 04:37:23 PM »

Never ridden one.

Never had herpes either.

Well go and treat yourself one day - it's fun!....... ;D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:06:29 PM by Sid »
2011 GV650

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2018, 12:50:21 AM »

I don't hate them, but they never struck my fancy.
Climb the ladder of success!

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 05:58:32 AM »

There's lots of good bikes out there. HD , at least in the US is best bought new as you don't get much of a savings buying a used one. My 5 yr old sportster is still worth 75% of its original new price which was 7900. They do ride funky so it helps if your old  ha ha. They handle fairly well but with the bike in first gear at an idle it is going 10 mph. So most people get annoyed with feathering the clutch at low speeds. I don't really
Like the big ones as they have been forced to use newer technology
And I think the gold wing does a better
Job in the big touring class. I'm old and I don't like windshields or crash bars , anti lock brakes. fairings, computer screens, stereos, or gps on my motorcycle. That stuff kind of defeats the purpose. But I am from an older generation.

I didn't realize you could get herpes from
One so I guess I better get tested😜
2011 GV250, 2013 IRON 883

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 09:10:14 PM »

There's lots of good bikes out there. HD , at least in the US is best bought new as you don't get much of a savings buying a used one. My 5 yr old sportster is still worth 75% of its original new price which was 7900. They do ride funky so it helps if your old  ha ha. They handle fairly well but with the bike in first gear at an idle it is going 10 mph. So most people get annoyed with feathering the clutch at low speeds. I don't really
Like the big ones as they have been forced to use newer technology
And I think the gold wing does a better
Job in the big touring class. I'm old and I don't like windshields or crash bars , anti lock brakes. fairings, computer screens, stereos, or gps on my motorcycle. That stuff kind of defeats the purpose. But I am from an older generation.

I didn't realize you could get herpes from
One so I guess I better get tested😜

Ahh,

Just noticed you've got the Iron 883!
What do you think of it? - many say it's underpowered?

I want a second cruisy bike, but atm it's a toss up between the 883 / Honda 500 Rebel and the Yamaha Bolt.
2011 GV650

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 02:00:48 AM »

I like the bolt  never been on the 500 rebel  883 doesn't have big top speed. Maybe 120 mph. It does have enormous torque which helps you get out of bad city traffic situations  the 2013 is pretty stiff with only  4" of ground clearance and maybe 2 " of rear shock travel so it rides fairly hard. But it maneuvers great in traffic and is very skinny so you can fit in places you wouldn't normally try  the bolt rides better but is kind of mushy feeling to me
2011 GV250, 2013 IRON 883

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 09:14:48 PM »

I like the bolt  never been on the 500 rebel  883 doesn't have big top speed. Maybe 120 mph. It does have enormous torque which helps you get out of bad city traffic situations  the 2013 is pretty stiff with only  4" of ground clearance and maybe 2 " of rear shock travel so it rides fairly hard. But it maneuvers great in traffic and is very skinny so you can fit in places you wouldn't normally try  the bolt rides better but is kind of mushy feeling to me

Thanks matey. I think I need to test ride them all. I do like the look of the 883 though - very pretty bike.
2011 GV650

Pages: 1 [2]