• May 27, 2018, 04:22:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How much work is it to swap Speedos  (Read 148 times)

3lud13

• Training Wheels
How much work is it to swap Speedos
« on: February 15, 2018, 04:10:10 AM »

Currently it's just a thought but I have the classic model with the Speedo on the tank but thinking I wouldn't mind moving it up onto the bars like the sports model, the reason being is I run a tank bag which makes viewing Speedo a challenge at times.
Tank bag usually only gets used on larger adventures but still thinking I wouldn't mind changing it but wondering how much work is it going to be and how interchangeable are the two.
I understand will need to get a new Speedo and housing but wondering what else might be required I've heard different upper trees different bars wiring connector is different.
Wondering if anyone can confirm or deny any of these claims searching through parts I have noticed the sports model has different bars with mounting holes on front (I'm guessing Speedo housing bolts to this)
Don't want to spend a couple hundred dollars getting a Speedo and housing of it turns out I gonna need to modify most of front end to make it fit
2015 Hyosung GV650 Classic

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

spit051261

• Scraping the pegs
Re: How much work is it to swap Speedos
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 04:35:46 AM »

The speedos / displays are the same on the R and GT models . The only difference , from what I can see are the fixing brackets and how they are attached to the bikes .
I imagine you would just have to fabricate small steel brackets to get it to fit to your tricycle  ;D .
Should be pretty easy  :)
The GT is fixed to the top triple tree and the GTR is fixed to that stupid headlight  :o

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:39:56 AM by spit051261 »
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

3lud13

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 06:09:57 AM »

The speedos / displays are the same on the R and GT models . The only difference , from what I can see are the fixing brackets and how they are attached to the bikes .
I imagine you would just have to fabricate small steel brackets to get it to fit to your tricycle  ;D .
Should be pretty easy  :)
The GT is fixed to the top triple tree and the GTR is fixed to that stupid headlight  :o

What about gv models though as that is what I am enquiring about hence posting in the gv650 group
2015 Hyosung GV650 Classic

spit051261

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 06:24:20 AM »

Sorry dude
When you mentioned "sports" model in your post I thought you meant GTR.
Didn't realise they made "sports" tricycles  ;D
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Pages: [1]