• May 27, 2018, 04:16:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: gv250 how to bypass kickstand switch  (Read 317 times)

paul gv250

• Training Wheels
gv250 how to bypass kickstand switch
« on: March 05, 2018, 01:19:02 AM »

HI Guys,

Hoping for some help.  My 2013 GV250 EFI sometimes cuts out while I'm slowing down at lights or just about to go round a bend.  Always with the clutch pulled in.  I can restart the bike straight away while I'm coasting, but feel this isnt the safest way.  Do you think it can be the kickstand switch?  As I've read somewhere that Hyos kickstand switch can be a bit 'fussy'.  Also, if it is the kickstand switch, how do I disable it?  I've followed the switch cable up to a connector underneath the gas tank, can I just disconnect it there? 

Bike is well maintained put in new spark plugs (they've got about 2000 km on), change oil & filter regularly every 4000km  & keep it topped up, only use premium gas.  Wanna get my full license, but don't feel confident riding the bike on a test & risk it cutting out on me.  Dont want to get rid of it as it's a blast to ride, cheap to run & insure.

I cant think of anything else it could be.. Also got no dealers near me & no other garage wants to look at it.  Hyo's have a bad rep in Canada.  Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: gv250 how to bypass kickstand switch
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 01:35:59 AM »

This is going to sound nuts, but my suggestion is to stop using premium fuel.

The bike is designed to use low octane fuel. It doesn't have the timing and compression to efficiently use premium.

Run the bike on E10 and put some fuel injector cleaner through it. After two or three tanks, you should see an improvement in idle quality.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 10:10:09 AM »

If you want to check the sidestand switch - I followed the 2 wires up and joined them with one of these blue 'scotchlok' connectors.  That'll let you cut the switch out of the system temporarily and see if things improve.  I was getting occasional cutting out, and it cured mine......

I also used to put the bike off the road over the winter, and it would run a bit rough in the spring - the injector cleaner suggestion fixed that, so worth a try too.

paul gv250

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 12:38:23 AM »

This is going to sound nuts, but my suggestion is to stop using premium fuel.

The bike is designed to use low octane fuel. It doesn't have the timing and compression to efficiently use premium.

Run the bike on E10 and put some fuel injector cleaner through it. After two or three tanks, you should see an improvement in idle quality.

WOW! Found the bike rode a bit rough on regular, will try it though!!  Thanks for the tip :)

paul gv250

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 02:44:45 AM »

If you want to check the sidestand switch - I followed the 2 wires up and joined them with one of these blue 'scotchlok' connectors.  That'll let you cut the switch out of the system temporarily and see if things improve.  I was getting occasional cutting out, and it cured mine......

I also used to put the bike off the road over the winter, and it would run a bit rough in the

spring - the injector cleaner suggestion fixed that, so worth a try too.

Thanks for the tip..  Ordered a new side stand/kickstand switch today, thought if I have to remove the gas tank & take off the plastic fairing that keeps the tank in place to get to the connector, might as well replace the whole switch..  also checked the 'lever' on the kickstand to make sure it depressed the switch all the way & it does, so thank god I don't have to gently bend it.

If changing the switch & putting in regular fuel with injector cleaner doesn't work, any other suggestions, new ecu?  Just seems strange intermittently to cut out while I'm slowing down with the clutch pulled in & starts straight away

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 09:43:32 AM »

It's a Hyosung.......it'll be an electrical or connector problem....... ;)

paul gv250

• Training Wheels
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 11:50:23 PM »

Yea, guess I'm finding that out  :P  shame there's no dealers nearby, or any other garage that will even look at the bike..  Just gives me the chance to get my hands dirty & learn  ;D

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 10:19:22 AM »

2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 01:17:29 PM »

That's the one Hylife - Paul, follow the wires up to the side of the bike where you can see both wires outside the sleeve, and join with one of these.  Sidestand is out of the equation, and you can see if it runs OK.

Then you can -
a. try something else
b. remove the connector and replace the switch

Good luck with it, the connector fixed mine.....and I never took it off!  Never had a sidestand switch on my old bikes, so never missed it....just remember to put the sidestand up!!!  I know, I know it's a safety thing.......I told the dealer when I traded it in, I'm sure he fixed it..... ???

spit051261

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 09:31:52 PM »

If I EVER saw anyone using one of those in work , they would be hung , drawn and quartered  >:(
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Pages: [1] 2