• September 21, 2018, 06:56:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: GT650 Fork and triple clamp dimensions  (Read 434 times)

ruckusman

• Training Wheels
GT650 Fork and triple clamp dimensions
« on: March 09, 2018, 01:00:10 PM »

Hey Guys,

Looking for a triple clamp for a project bike and the GT650 setup looks like it may work.

Anyway I need the outer fork tube diameters at both of the triple clamp mounting points, the triple clamp offset and the width between the fork centres.

thanks

Glenn

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

2turbos

• Learner rider
Re: GT650 Fork and triple clamp dimensions
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 04:34:59 PM »

Measured as close as I could get it:

Top clamp dia=51mm
Bottom clamp dia=54mm

ruckusman

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 10:18:36 PM »

Top clamp dia=51mm
Bottom clamp dia=54mm

Thanks 2turbos, much appreciated.

Are you able to measure the offset and fork centre to fork centre distance also?

BTW - the info gathered will be added to this database which is to help anyone doing a fork or front end swap know which parts are compatible
http://litetek.co/Guide_USD_ForkDatabase.html

peace out

Glenn

2turbos

• Learner rider
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 01:31:31 AM »

I might be able to approximate those measurements, I'm afraid I can't get measurements I could trust. Sorry!

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 12:17:17 PM »

Top clamp dia=51mm
Bottom clamp dia=54mm

Are you able to measure the offset and fork centre to fork centre distance also?

BTW - the info gathered will be added to this database which is to help anyone doing a fork or front end swap know which parts are compatible

peace out

Glenn

Ruckusman , I owe you an apology .
Sorry for having a go at you .
You obviously want to help people and I made a mistake . No good coming out with excuses , I fooked up.
Hope you can let this slide and let us carry on as normal .
If you can't , I understand .
Paul
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

ruckusman

• Training Wheels
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 12:37:13 PM »

Top clamp dia=51mm
Bottom clamp dia=54mm

peace out

Glenn

Ruckusman , I owe you an apology .
Sorry for having a go at you .
You obviously want to help people and I made a mistake . No good coming out with excuses , I fooked up.
Hope you can let this slide and let us carry on as normal .
If you can't , I understand .
Paul

Hey Paul,

All good, I won't pretend I wasn't pissed but I kept quiet in case it was out of character for you.

It takes a lot of courage and maturity to apologise so you've more than redeemed yourself by doing that.

If you have opportunity to make some more measurements I'll get Blair to make a Hyosung section on the fork swap table.

Obviously a lot of the information on a lot of entries is incomplete, but a few simple details can be sufficient for people to know whether to investigate further.

Out of interest how do you find the forks?

I've been searching over the weekend, lots of hyosung parts out there and very well priced, tempted to get a set and see if I can fit cartridge internals from other Kayabas

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 12:47:20 PM »

Not too sure about the forks , the suspension does not seem right on them .The suspension seems bad all around if I am honest . I also think the brakes need a lot more attention than the suspension .
If you can give a precise list of the measurements you want , I will do my best .
I am an engineer / electrician by trade but I don't have accurate measuring devices at home .
They are all at the mine site I work at .
I will do my best though .
Cheers buddy  :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:57:41 PM by spit051261 »

ruckusman

• Training Wheels
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 12:59:01 PM »

Not too sure about the forks , the suspension does not seem right on them .The suspension seems bad all around if I am honest .
If you can give a precise list of the measurements you want , I will do my best .
I am an engineer / electrician by trade but I don't have accurate measuring devices at home .
They are all at the mine site I work at .
I will do my best though .
Cheers buddy  :)

When you say bad, affecting the steering & handling? - I may have a potential solution if it's a certain symptom.

I'm considering the forks for a 29 year old FZR250 at this stage, which were for Japanese domestic market only with average rider weight a lot less than me, so from my perspective there is bad and there is BAD.

A tape measure will suffice for accuracy, fork length, fork spacing on the triple clamp and triple clamp offset are the basics.

There's a full list of all of the measurements on the litetek site http://litetek.co/Guide_USD_ForkDatabase.html
There may be some worthwhile info there for you regarding brake calipers as I've encountered other people looking for alternatives/upgrades

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 01:17:50 PM »

OK buddy ,
It's getting late here in OZ but I will take measurements of everything tomorrow  ;)
As far as the suspension , I can't put my finger on it but it just seems like it should be definite and more certain if you know what I mean .
I can live with the suspension but the brakes really need looking into . They are shocking as in not stopping very well at speed and rear brake is useless .
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 01:21:04 PM by spit051261 »

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 01:30:19 PM »

I can live with the suspension but the brakes really need looking into . They are shocking as in not stopping very well at speed and rear brake is useless .

Unless you do the upgrade  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Pages: [1] 2