• December 12, 2018, 08:14:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Starting issues  (Read 768 times)

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Starting issues
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 10:10:16 PM »

What is your problem ?

At the moment? Haemorrhoids and the attitudes of the far right toward gene therapy in human application. You?
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 10:38:28 PM »

What is your problem ?

At the moment? Haemorrhoids and the attitudes of the far right toward gene therapy in human application. You?
You know what I meant . What is your problem with me ?
No problems here , with anyone or anything .
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 10:40:20 PM by spit051261 »
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 12:43:25 AM »

I don't have a problem with you spitty.

I simply have an independent opinion, different to your own.

1. I thought your red bike was stunning de-badged and clean, just the way it was. It's not that I think the sticker-bomb look is ugly, I just like it less.

2. I'm old. My back hurts at times. I don't want to quit riding. ..and I am guilty of super-imposing myself into Bob's shoes. Pretty normal human behaviour.

3. My dance of depression with EFI and the power commander 5 was well documented many years ago, when I set out to properly implement fuelling alterations via a piggy-back ECU. I managed to succeed, but not without a tremendous amount of time, money and effort. Based on my experience, am I not entitled to an opinion here?

I truly, honestly, have no problem with you. Based on interpretation of an internet persona, not the actual, real person, I have formed the opinion that you can be a little hot headed. I have zero problem with that. Ask yourself, what would be the point of me pandering to everyone's every statement and not expressing my real thoughts?

At some point in time I have told virtually ervery forum member something that they didn't want to hear. There was only one person who I could not under any circumstance get along with and that was not you. I think you're a decent bloke. I'd gladly buy you a round and even stick around to finish it.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 01:41:39 AM »

Good post  :)
Lets get back to normal and try to kick some life into this place  ;)

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 06:19:46 AM »

Ok, so back on topic,,,,,

Slow cranking problems can lead you down the wrong path of looking for problems that don't exist.
A bad battery must be positively ruled out by physically taking the bike battery out of the equation altogether and by testing each part of the starter circuitry using a donor car jump battery.
The first step is to jump directly to the starter motor terminal then jump to the solenoid input and trigger terminals.

My opinion however, on reading your later posts about your carby and idle/running issues it sounds very much like minor hydro-lock was/is your starting issue. This is a common problem when you get sh!t in your carbs. The floats allow fuel to continue to drip into the carbs and then into the cylinders. Liquid is not compressible.
If on removing the spark plugs and then cranking the engine cranks over nice and fast will confirm this.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

Ekuls

• Training Wheels
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 09:08:16 AM »

Hey guys. Thanks for all the replies! Soooo update...got bike running, idling ok but I couldn’t rev her past 3000. She just starting choking and dying on me. Well, seems I may have fixed that by putting the air box back on🤣. Took me a few days to realise I was giving her too much air. Run her a bit this afternoon and she’s sounding sweet again! Hopefully now I just need to fix the charging issue and I can get her blue slipped and back on road.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 11:35:21 AM »

Good news
The charging issue should be easy.
There is quite a lot of info here on that common problem
Upside down is the man to ask. He will know.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 02:58:40 PM by spit051261 »

Ekuls

• Training Wheels
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 12:27:33 PM »

Yeah I’m pretty sure it’s my RR. MY multimeter has decided to stop working properly so I need a new one to check for sure but looks like battery is only getting 11.8-11.9 volts at idle. Any idea what I should expect to pay for a RR in Aus? Prices seem to vary a lot on Fleabay from $18 to over $100.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 04:21:38 PM »

I would change the regulator and the Stator at the same time with an aftermarket upgrade .
I used this for my 650GT both reg and Stator .
http://www.electrosport.com/street-bikes/hyosung/gt650-gt650s-gt650r-2/regulatorrectifier-hyosung.html
$200 for both . Not cheap but you can forget your charging problems like I have on the GT .
Upside down is the guy who would know .
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 05:43:41 PM by spit051261 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3